In Pain! Need advice!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

In Pain! Need advice!

Postby leon10 » 01 Dec 2013, 10:22

I had a fissure and hemmoroids until i had them banded over 7 months ago(6 of them!). For the fissure i took the nitro for a couple of months aswell as Movicol. For the past 7 months i have been on the road to recovery, my bowel movements have been soft and i was pain free....UNTIL....last week when all of a sudden i have felt a lump protruding out of my anus. It is painful and is not going back in! Now i had a couple of skin tags aswell but they are not meant to cause pain? My bowel movements have all been soft so i can not understand what is going on?! I have been applying nitro on it and just picked up a pack of anusol aswell! Does anyone know what this is and what i need to do? I hope my fissure has not returned and it can't be the hemmies again?

Grateful for any advice.
leon10
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: In Pain! Need advice!

Postby Scientist2516 » 01 Dec 2013, 11:00

Could it be a prolapsed hemorrhoid? Try googling that and see if it fits what you have.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby rio » 01 Dec 2013, 14:01

Welcome Leon! sorry you have troubles now, after a significant improvement. Could it be that you have problems with hemorrhoides again? I am sure that you are informed about treatments for that and you are familiar with them, but I am posting this this, just in case it will be of some help with repeating hems ( I mean it is bad to have one operation after another and hope there is some other solution for hems):
"Phlebotonic medicines while treating hemorrhoids
Several phlebotonic medicines are described in the literature. The best examined one is diosmin, registered with the title Detralex and Cyclo 3 forte. It is considered that the active components directly affect the inflammatory mediators (histamine, bradicinine, serotonine) that cause pain, itching, tingle, and other symptoms. These medicines are prescribed in the large doses when the acute attack of hemorrhoids begins. Later the supportive long-lasting treatment with smaller doses is applied. It is determined with the help of researches with patients, who have I or II attacks of hemorrhoids, that this medicine effectively reduces the duration of bleeding, as well the lower bleeding after hemorrhoidectomy is watched when these medicines are prescribed. It is proved that flavonoids are safe to use even for the pregnant women.

Anti-inflammatory painkillers
In most cases perianal thrombosis passes by itself, therefore, symptomatic treatment anti-inflammatory painkillers, emollients for excrements - can be sufficient. The non-steroid anti-inflammatory medicines are effective in the cases of both external and internal thrombosis of hemorrhoid nodes."

I have a family member who treated his painful (external) hems with complete success with high doses of diosmin.

Are you going to see a doctor to diagnose what your lump is? I can see from your other post that you are in much pain. Hope you will be better soon :comfort:
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Postby leon10 » 02 Dec 2013, 06:44

Thanks for the advice! I'm putting off going to the doctor but feel i will have to! I'm hoping all the meds i have been taking will clear it up in the next few days, if not then i will visit the doctor. I will try the anti-inflammetary medication as that is something that i have done so far.
leon10
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3