AF story as of now and Scared to death

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

AF story as of now and Scared to death

Postby Havok » 03 Dec 2013, 03:39

So I had my first AF 5 years ago and I thought nothing of it and it healed and I have had several others, but this one has gotten me VERY scarred and worried. I went to the emergency room about a month ago on a false alarm that I thought I had internal bleeding, which was not the case and I had myself checked out to have the doctor tell me I had a ''VERY small AF'' Which I started taking ''Dulcolax'' and eating some Fiber bars and after that it completely went away, but I just had another BM the other night and for some reason it has put me into a massive shock and I am literally terrified. I think it might be a little attributed to I scratched my inner butt area pretty hard and also had a BM that tore a bit and blood came out and for the first time almost ''splattered'' just tiny dabs on the inner rim of the toilet. That happened several times. so I ate some fiber cereal and took 2 pills and my latest BM while still a bit painful there was no blood. I am still in fear though that it is going to come back and never go away, also my anus feels VERY little pressure around the rim and almost a wet feeling, but it is dry? My mind keeps racing and racing that this will never go away and it scares me so bad, I will say even when it tears it does not hurt too bad. I am 22 year old man and i broke down crying in front of my GF because I am so scared. I kind of feel like a fool, I keep reading about people who can't even function or sit, I can do everything just fine it is just knowing that my next BM could tear things again. *Terrified*
Havok
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: AF story as of now and Scared to death

Postby Ouchie81 » 03 Dec 2013, 05:43

You sound the same as me, I have had several anal fissures over the years but they heal in 2-3 days and are not to bad. Forgotten as fast as they came. This time there was a bucket load of blood, I mean, blood everywhere for 3 days and now no blood for 3 days. However there is pain when opening my bowels, maybe a 3/10 most times, the occasional 8/10 for a split second. I am terrified that it will not go away or that I will just keep tearing it and that it will get worse and worse over time. I too am young, I'm only 32. I worry if this is what it is like now at 32, then what will happen at 42, 52 etc. I also have that wet feeling, for me though it is a little wet, but not as wet as it feels. Apparently this is normal from the fissure, it still sucks though.

I don't have any wisdom for but know you're not alone, I felt less alone just reading you post. I too broke down and cried to my partner, it is such a private and embarrassing area.
Ouchie81
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Bettyblue » 03 Dec 2013, 06:33

Havoc, calm down I know blood is terrifying. But it is not as bad as it looks. The most important thing for you right now is to keep your BMs soft to avoid the tearing and the reopening of your fissure. Take the Ducolax longer than a few days, even if appears that the AF have healed. You need to give it time to the AF to really close. Other wise it is going to reopen. Drink plenty of water and have a good diet. Your AF seems small so it could be relatively easy to heal, but don let it to progress other wise it will be more difficult. Also if you are having several AF. Maybe it is time to change your diet. The bad part of a fissure that have healed is that you need to be very careful, other wise if you get constipated or have a hard BM, the fissure can reopen again. Best of luck for you.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby FissureHome » 03 Dec 2013, 14:07

Take stool softners as soon as possible! Lots of water and fiber! BettyBlue im seeing you everywhere!! Before you know it we will be friends!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16