Anal Fissures, Abscess recurrence,Fistulas, LIS

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal Fissures, Abscess recurrence,Fistulas, LIS

Postby fito_88_77 » 02 Dec 2013, 12:42

Hello, iv been suffering from an anal fissure for a year or so, it developed an abscess in the first 2 months which I had an abscess drainage operation for and it went really well, and for a while after the op I was fine and pain free from the fissure thinking that it'd healed.
Up untill 3 months ago that I started having very painful bower movements followed by intense pain for couple hours after. Things became worse very quick after and the pain was unbearable to the extent that I coulnt sit, walk, stand or even lay on my back on bed, I had to always lay on one of my sides until I became very sore from this position.
I went to the hospitals emergency dep many times to finally be seen by a CRS, who diagnosed it as an anal fissure and advised me to have a fissuractomy, which I instantly agreed because I was desperate for any cure from this agony. He then set a surgery dat 2 months away and prescribed me lots of painkillers and laxatives to survive on, I was on panadine forte, tramadol and endone. They might sound alot but trust on a bad day NONE of these pk's all together had an effect or even touched the pain. So I went back to the hospital's emergency and told the CRS that pain has reached its climate and that none of the pk's would work anymore, he then prescribed me morphine tablets which helped quiet alot and made me able to hang in there until the op.

I then finally had the op last Friday to find out that they actually operated a fistualotomy on me instead of fissuractomy, the dr explained it as my fissure went chronic and my previous abscess eventually formed a fistula!! Ok sudden change of plans then, I now have to deal with a fistula. I was then prescribed only endone and paracatemol to take after the op. It was painful after the anesthesia worn off, and the bandage they stuck inside my bum wasn't helping with the pain at all. So I waited for 2 days before I took the pad/bandage off, only had 2 bowls of soups during these 2 days. I then had my first bowel movement on the night of second day post op, and oh godddd how insanely painful it was!!!!!! It was horrible that I had to retract after the paasage of the very first stool and I almost fainted from the pain that my dad had to drag me on the floor all the way to the bathroom to sit in a warm/hot bath, which really didn't do much I ended up taking 2pills of paracatemol, 2 panadine forte, 2 tramadol and 1 pill of morphine just to ease the pain after 4 hours of agony.
I was so put off after what happened that I wanted to go back to the hosp suspecting that something went wrong in the surgery, but my dad advised me to wait for another BM and see if it gets better or worse, I then had my second BM 2 days later and I will just say that I was smashing my head against the wall from the pain screaming like a baby that my parents were crying and panicking from the sight. I ended up going back to the hospital again as none of the pk's worked this time not even the morphine. They then discovered that I grew another abscess possibly at the same place where I had the first one. I had an abscess drainage op yesterday under GA and it was very painful afterwards, then I had a BM last night only to have the same excruciating pain again that they had to inject morphine to my stomach to ease with the pain, although still was in so much pain that I couldn't sleep the whole night, it was a real life nightmare..

Now after speaking to the CSR this morning she told me that the pain was to be expected even at these extremely high levels, and that I should wait for couple more weeks to see an improvement with the fistula!!!
Now iv been following alot of cases in this forum and i never saw anyone stating that he had more pain (10x worse) than before the op, so I'm getting a little suspicious here having difficulties believing what the CSR said about the horrible pain being normal after an op...
fito_88_77
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Anal Fissures, Abscess recurrence,Fistulas, LIS

Postby fito_88_77 » 02 Dec 2013, 12:48

Following up.. After having a fistula laid open 2 months ago and being sent home on the same day as the surgery, the first two bowel movements were relentless with excruciating unstoppable pain that none of the mentioned pain killers worked with. So i went back to the hospital to find them telling me the my abscess filled up again and i needed to have another operation on the spot.. so i had the operation the next day then spent 5 more nights admitted in the hospital having a big white pipe inserted in my abscess to let it drain.

After i went home my bowel movements were less painful than they were, and they were getting better over the time, of course they were still painful to the limit that i MUST have a sitz bath after each trip to the toilet otherwise nothing will soothe my pain. Gradually i started reducing the amount of pain killers that i took until i stopped most of the them and i was basically only on paracatemol. I also want to mention that my abscess filled up again during this 2 months period and i was scheduled to go back to the hospital by my GP but, luckily, i woke up that day on a pond of puss on my bed, and apparently it popped out on it's own while i was asleep, which my GP told me i was lucky it did it when i was asleep so i didn't feel any pain. And i've always been discharging puss since i've gotten out of the hospital anyway.

But there was a huge turn in events 2 weeks ago, my bowel movements started to be alot painful again, with the pain persisting the whole day as before i had the fistula laid open, and it was getting worse day after another, so i thought i'd go back to the hospital before it gets even worse to the point that im squealing and grieving the whole day. So i went, and after the CRS saw me he said that my fistula got "worse" and it became a deep one rather than superficial, and that i need to have another surgery with him leaving a seton in after, and also, i need a LIS because my fissure didn't heal properly, all in one surgery..

So i had the surgery 2 days ago and was discharged last night and i haven't't had any bowel movements since then... and the whole area is extremely sore and bruised since the operation and im so dreading the next trip to the toilet.... can anyone please tell me what will happen from now on.. or, what "usually" happens in a situation like this? would my next bowel movement be horrendous as before? do i need to keep on having sitz bath? any tips for healing will be much appreciated as i'm so mentally down at the moment and feeling so depressed.

I've really hit rock bottom here and sometimes I wish I don't wake up for the next morning as i can't handle this anymore..... any help would be appreciated..please..
fito_88_77
Fibre Addict

Postby Bettyblue » 02 Dec 2013, 16:15

I am so sorry that all this awful things are happening to you. I can not give you any advise. I have never have a fistula before. But may CRS runs a forum where he answers any question you post within one to two days and is completely free. Now the site is in spanish. I live in Spain. But the doctor speaks English and I Have seen some people posting questions in English for him. The address is http://www.drsajonia-coburgo.com. As you enter the page in the upper part you will click in the word Foro (forum), then click in Todos los foros ( all the forums) then find the word fistula ( is the same in spanish) and then click in consultas ( advise) you will find the format and the end of the page. Try to give him a summary with the facts of what is happening to you. He will answer you. To read the answer you have to go to the forum again, same steps as before. If you decide to use it, let me know if every thing went well. He is a very good doctor, no only as a professional but also as a human been. Good luck.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby fito_88_77 » 02 Dec 2013, 16:52

thanks alot for the help mate. Looks like it could be a very useful doctor. I'll give it a look soon, i see that he already has questions that he answered already, i'm not sure if i can approach him personally or will he answer any question that i post on his forum.
fito_88_77
Fibre Addict

Postby Bettyblue » 03 Dec 2013, 06:42

Fito_88_77, I am glad that I helped you some how. You can post any question you have, in the forum. The forum is not for the answering of general questions. The forum is really to answer to individual questions that any body wants to post. So go ahead and post your question. Don't hesitate to post following questions also after the first answer. People post following questions 2,3,6 times and he always answer them. I think is a great forum and I hope it will be of some use for you.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby Bettyblue » 05 Dec 2013, 14:43

How are you doing fito_88_77? Getting any better?
Bettyblue
VIP