7weeks post lis and fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 7weeks post lis and fissurectomy

Postby Jsingh » 06 Dec 2013, 09:32

Hi LovesTennis....thank you...the burning is there constantly...worse on sitting. It is just around the opening..difficult to say exactly from where but appears to involve the skin and the deeper tissues...
Jsingh
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Loves Tennis » 06 Dec 2013, 09:50

Did you have that burning before the LIS ? I know I used to get a burning pain kick in after about an hour after a BM, did u mention this to your surgeon ? Have you ever considered acupuncture ? I remember back in May at the height of the agony after a BM pain levels up to 10 I had dreadful burning and acupuncture helped stop it.........just a thought....... Fingers crossed for a full recovery soon, you deserve it
Loves Tennis
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Jsingh » 07 Dec 2013, 11:23

Hi..Loves Tennis....the burning pain is there most of the time and has nothing to do with bowel movement.It is also accompanied by generalized soreness. One thing I did not mention that a couple of times a day I get a sudden feeling of weakness accompanied by nausea which forces me to lie down for about half an hour till the feeling subsides.Surgeon has no explanation for this but it always comes on right after a slight cramps feeling in the anal region. Maybe someone has an explanation.
Jsingh
Salt Bather

Postby Loves Tennis » 07 Dec 2013, 11:35

Hi Jsingh, really wish I could help and shed some light on your burning pain, maybe it's more muscular related, at one point I went to an Osteopath.......yes I tried everything for that AF prior to LIS, he worked on my intestines from the outside trying to get them to relax and not spasm.....it did help a little....as you know when your are going through something like this you will try anything
Loves Tennis
Salt Bather

Re ..complete recovery time from lis and fissurectomy

Postby Jsingh » 08 Dec 2013, 17:34

.....I wanted to have some answers as to how long it takes from the time of surgery to complete recovery...that is no irritation ,burning,spasm ...not even awareness that surgery was performed in that area.Any reply would be greatly appreciated.
Jsingh
Salt Bather

Postby Loves Tennis » 09 Dec 2013, 12:46

Hi Jsingh, wish I could shed more light or help you but as my surgery effects / irritations are now mostly full gone I am no use to you. I really wish you continued healing and a return to FULL health as soon as possible, I suppose we are all different and depending on the severity of how you fissure was (mine had gone down to a pain level 1/2) when I finally had the surgery poss will depend on how quickly it will heal.........here's to a 100% healing rate for you asap
Loves Tennis
Salt Bather

Postby Jsingh » 09 Dec 2013, 13:37

Thank you ....waiting patiently...
Jsingh
Salt Bather