Mom won't take me to the doctor?

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Mom won't take me to the doctor?

Postby Erosindra » 10 Dec 2013, 20:57

I don't think she really gets how bad it is. She is pretty sure I have hemorrhoids, and I think I do too. It sure seems like it. But it's getting to the point where I can't even pass gas without pain, and lately all I have been doing is using the hemorrhoid suppositories and taking stool softeners when needed. It seems to work for a while, and for like 2 weeks everything is all good. Then one day the stool is a little bit too hard, and as a result I have the next few weeks of pain in for me.

Do I really need to go to the doctor? Or does anyone have any suggestions for how I can take care of this at home?

Also, another side question: If I just don't have to go, like I am not in pain or anything, then should I not worry too much about not going? I last went 2 days ago, and I don't really have to go right now. Should I be worried? Or is it fine just as long as I am not holding things in?
Erosindra
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: Mom won't take me to the doctor?

Postby vdb324 » 10 Dec 2013, 21:12

Hi Erosindra.
Usually internal hemorrhoids don't cause any pain. I was initially diagnosed with internal hemorrhoids, which put off me getting the appropriate care for a fissure. During this time, I probably went from the easily healed acute fissure to the hard to heal chronic fissure. If you are having problems passing gas without pain, I would guess that it might be something more than an internal hemorrhoid. This seemed to be one of the obvious signs to the resident doctor I met with before my CRS. I would probably make an appointment to see a CRS to be sure of what it is and hopefully take care of it right away.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby Erosindra » 10 Dec 2013, 21:37

So, it's probably not a hemorrhoid, but a chronic fissure? I'll have to talk to my mom... it's honestly ridiculously frustrating that I even have to deal with this. Even worse that getting anything done in my house is a huge fiasco. Thank you for the help, and I'll tell my mom how important it is to go to a CRS.
Erosindra
Fibre Addict

Postby vdb324 » 10 Dec 2013, 21:46

Well, I'm not a doctor, so I can only comment from my own experience - hence why I'd recommend seeing a CRS. There's a possibility it could be an internal hemorrhoid, a fissure, or something else. I just recommend getting it looked at sooner rather than later to make sure you get an accurate diagnosis. The early you diagnose something like a fissure, the easier it is to heal it.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Erosindra » 10 Dec 2013, 22:13

Wow, so I talked to my mom and she said that as soon as the roads aren't icy (our area just got a ridiculous amount of snow, and the temperatures have been under freezing for like a week) she will make an appointment. I am shocked haha. But what should I expect for the appointment? I am glad that I will finally be getting answers, but nervous as to how I will get those answers.
Erosindra
Fibre Addict

Postby vdb324 » 10 Dec 2013, 22:39

For the CRS, they usually ask you some questions - mostly about your symptoms, and will do a rectal exam to look for a fissure, hemorrhoids, or anything else that may be causing you pain. It sounds intimidating, I know, but it's fairly quick and painless, and it's really the best way to get a look at what's causing you pain down there. Primary care doctors and GI doctors can also do this, but in my personal case, the CRS was the most knowledgeable and gave me the first accurate diagnosis after seeing both a primary care doctor and a GI doctor.

Good luck with the roads tomorrow! We've also had a bout of winter weather in my area. I hope all goes well!
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Scientist2516 » 10 Dec 2013, 23:17

Good luck, Erosindra!
There is lots and lots of advice on this forum about how to deal with this horrible problem. Diet, drinking enough water, keeping your stools soft, regular BMs etc. Read around, especially the success stories.
Your mother might want to make that appointment like today, because you don't always get in to see somebody immediately, there might be a wait.
I really hope you get diagnosed and treated soon!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16