Estimated recovery time?

NYE?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Estimated recovery time?

Postby backagain » 11 Dec 2013, 07:04

Hello! I am having LIS performed on the morning of December 27th (Merry Christmas to me) and am wondering about recovery time. I realize that this varies from person to person and that it will be weeks until I'm fully healed and exercising and things like that, but I'm wondering how many days it took until people could return to work and to just do normal things like going out to dinner, the mall, etc. I'm just trying to figure out if I'd be able to do anything for New Year's also. Nothing wild and crazy, but just attend a get together at a friend's house with a few people real low key. This isn't a procedure I'm telling people I'm having, so as my friends start to talk about New Year's plans, I'm getting nervous not knowing what my condition will be! I'm also scheduled to return to work on Jan 2, six days after the procedure. Any personal experiences with specific time frames that could help me prepare would be great! Thanks so much!
backagain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Estimated recovery time?

Postby skumar » 11 Dec 2013, 10:06

If it's just LIS then I shuld be able to return to work after 1 week. Fr me it's difficult since I have 2 skin tag remved deep down along with lttle stretch and LIS, fissurectomy since I was very narrow down there. It's 9 days post surgery and I feel I can go to work after 15 days.My most discomfort from the skin tag removal site I believe that is so raw and open wound. You can read my post also.
skumar
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby mike673 » 11 Dec 2013, 16:25

I had my LIS (fistula in ani) surgery 3 months ago and it had finally healed. Doctor said i had a large tear in my anus.
I still have to take my pain medicine every 4 hours for the burning sensation i get at my anus.
mike673

Postby Davo » 12 Dec 2013, 17:51

Hi back again,

If it is just LIS then you should be back on your feet in about a week if all goes well. I think the signs will still be visible after 4 days if you're planning on going to a New Year Party. I would just use the excuse that you pulled something in your lower back and that kind of explains the slow walking and movements.... well it worked for me!

Anyway i compiled a diary after my LIS surgery so take a look as it gives day by day progress post surgery

my-lis-diary-march-2012-fully-healed-in-4-weeks-t4589.html

Davo
Davo

Topics: 42