Semi-Good News, I Guess..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Semi-Good News, I Guess..

Postby AlexP » 16 Dec 2013, 18:45

Went to my CRS again today, told him of the sharp pain with BMs, I've been having. He did a scope, said I have a fissure on outside, I asked him if it was internal or external, & he said definately external. He said it was lateral, & due to that, surgery is not a good option for me, that it could make things worse. He said lateral fissures are usually result of Chrohn's, trauma, or other health issues. The only health issue I have is being HIV positive, although my numbers have been excellent for years. He said the cause is probably HIV related, not sure how, since my numbers have been really good, but anyway, he said definatively that I do NOT have cancer, which is a relief. Basically he told me to stop the sitz baths & Nifedipine, and gave me a 5% Lidocaine ointment to use. I have until now been using the 2% Lidocaine gel with the Nifed, which hasn't really helped, so hope this new ointment will help. He also said I could try hydrocortisone or over the counter suppositories, but overall he didn't seem concerned at all. I was relieved to hear I don't have the Big C. He just said I need to manage it the best I can, eat what I want, just make sure to get plenty of fiber, etc. So my mind is more at ease now I guess. Going to try and relax and get better. Hope this fissure goes away soon!
AlexP
Salt Bather

Topics: 25

Re: Semi-Good News, I Guess..

Postby Scientist2516 » 16 Dec 2013, 22:25

It's great that you don't have cancer!
I really hope the lidocaine works for you, and your fissure heals soon.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16