Do I even have anal fissures?!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Do I even have anal fissures?!

Postby Defiant » 16 Dec 2013, 18:11

Hi, first time poster ...

So basically about 6 weeks ago I noticed a small amount of blood on the paper after wiping and became very worried for several weeks as I noticed the blood every few days, so eventually I got a mirror and a light and took a look at my anus (which I should have done first!) and could see the small tear at the base of my anus. This calmed me and I have been putting cream on the tear since and for the last two weeks there was no blood. Then tonight I noticed the blood had returned and sure enough there is another tear at the opening of my anus but I never have any pain whatsoever(which seems to be common with the condition) so was wondering if these were even fissures at all or just small tears from possibling straining or even wiping too hard? (I have had IBS for many years).

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Jay
Defiant

Topics: 1

Re: Do I even have anal fissures?!

Postby Bettyblue » 17 Dec 2013, 01:47

Every body get a small tear here and there from hard BM, straining,etc... They eventually heal and never cause any problems. But some times, these tears get deeper, larger and star to cause big problems. It is possible that you have a small tear that with some little care will go away. Just to be safe increase your water intake and fiber. Avoid hard stools and straining for a couple of days and wipe with baby wipes. If you continue to have small tears frequently or if for some reason you feel pain or any kind of discomfort got to see your doctor ASAP.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7