Frustrated. Fiber and exercise

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Frustrated. Fiber and exercise

Postby vdb324 » 19 Dec 2013, 15:53

I was doing so well with my second round of Botox up until these past few days. I am having a bum at least two, if not three times, a day. When it's three, it really irritates the fissure. It always seems to happen after I try to exercise, just walking. Should I take more fiber, and when is the best time to take it? I am taking one and a half tbsp in the morning. Also, should I hold off on exercising seeing it seems to have an IBS-like effect? UGH!!
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Re: Frustrated. Fiber and exercise

Postby LostForWords » 19 Dec 2013, 16:38

Adding more fiber will only make you go more as it passes through your system faster than most things.

You should continue the exercise, it improves blood flow, thus healing of the fissure and also helps prevent big/hard/dry stools by stimulation bowel activity - which is why you have a BM urge after the body has "come down" from the exercise.

Its not a bad thing that you go more than once a day. It might irritate your fissure, but if you only went, lets say, once a day, then those 2-3 bm would have to come out at once. Not only that, but the stools would be larger (diameter), dryer and harder due to the prolonged time it has to stay in your colon.

Is the exercise causing the third BM? If so, you can try and use the walk to stimulate one of the BM that you would have even without it. You could start the day with a glass of water (if you take probiotics, L-glutamine, Zink, vitamin C and stuff like that in relation to your fissure troubles then this would be the time to take this too), then you walk and after that, you eat breakfast. This would make most people go shortly after breakfast as you probably already do and this might be enough to make 1-2 BMs a day enough for you.

Basically, the trick is not to do things that stimulates bowel movements at times there they arent needed. Like, if you already went at least 2 times that day or if you went just a couple of hours ago.

This is based on my own experiments with this stuff so it might not apply to you in the same way that it does for me, but chances are that it will :)
LostForWords
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Frustrated. Fiber and exercise

Postby vdb324 » 19 Dec 2013, 21:36

Thank you for the tips. I'll have to see how things go, as normally it hasn't been a problem, and at this point, it would require a full schedule reorganization. Currently, I wake up pretty early, as I usually have the first bm after the first 20-30 minutes. Then, usually a couple of hours later, I have a second. Hence, why I was thinking the fiber might help empty out the bowels in the first round. It used to be okay to work out at night, but lately, it seems to get the bowels moving again. To get a walk in before the first BM, I would have to wake up super early, and even then, I think by the time I would start walking, I'd have to come in to use the restroom. Hopefully, it's just my body adjusting post-Botox and getting on a schedule. The Botox does loosen the muscle, so perhaps, that makes it feel like it's more urgent for me to have to go in the evening when working out...?
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52