Fissure pain when sitting? LIS?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure pain when sitting? LIS?

Postby FissureHome » 29 Dec 2013, 08:23

My pAIN is mostly when sitting..BM movements are barely painful mostly just when pinching off afterwards and its not that bad..but not being able to sit is driving me crazy..So my question is will the LIS relieve the pain when sitting?? or is it more for Bowel Movements? i dont see how loosening the anal resting pressure is gonna help with sitting because i will still be putting my weight down there when sitting. I see how it would help for BM's..just wondering if anyone had this issue and was resolved with LIS?? Anyone please!?
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: Fissure pain when sitting? LIS?

Postby jr2 » 29 Dec 2013, 16:58

The sitting pain may or may not be due to your fissure. Do you currently have an active fissure or has it healed? When you've had a fissure and gone through the spasming of the internal sphincter that happens as a result, it can cause other muscles in the pelvic floor to spasm, and can also create irritated nerves in the area that get cranky from all the muscle spasming going on. You mentioned in another post having pain in the perineal area as well as having had pain after prolonged sitting on the edge of a couch. This really points toward some kind of nerve irritation or muscle spasming issue that might or might not be related to your fissure. Have you been to the doctor lately to have a check on the healing status of your fissure?
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Scientist2516 » 29 Dec 2013, 22:33

Have you tried one of those cushions for people with coccyx pain?

https://www.medline.com/product/Pressur ... 05-PF05533
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Postby FissureHome » 30 Dec 2013, 05:56

im not sure i kinda feel like its healed i dont have blood and BM's are uncomfortble but they dont hurt..its been 2 months since i saw the doc..sometimes feels like the fissue wants to rip open when stting..i feel alot of coccyx pain as well when sitting..i have no more spasming..i dont even need to take hot bath after BM's anymore..
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist