Life after fissure healing

Will i one day have a normal life?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Life after fissure healing

Postby FissureHome » 13 Jan 2014, 07:35

Bettyblue! talk to me!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Bettyblue » 13 Jan 2014, 12:14

Fissure home sorry, This weeks have been crazy because I started to work and I have to leave every thing at work ready before going to Madrid tomorrow for my LIS since I am planning to take one week of vacation for this. I am right now packing and l guess praying. I am a little nervous. My mother will be with me at the hospital. And essentially there is not going back, I am doing this. Wish me luck. I will be writing you tomorrow after my appointment with my CRS. The LIS will be on the 15th. I hope every thing goes well.
P.S how are you doing this days, getting better?
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby FissureHome » 14 Jan 2014, 13:06

Betty blue good for you!!!! I wishing you luck and sending positive energy your way! Let me know how it goes! Are you stlll in alot of pain?? I continue to feel better but definately not normal...i have no pain or discomfort when standing or walking anymore..im sitting again and what not but i still feel the need to push myself up with my hands when i get up i cant just get up..after driving for like 30 minutes i start to feel uncomfortable down there..either coccyox or fissure area but i havent had any setback and im definately doing the best i have yet..i just wish i new if im gonna heal all the way or if i need surgery and im wasting my time trying to heal naturally..
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 14 Jan 2014, 14:49

Hello Fissurehome, I just came back from my CRS appointment. Every thing went well, he explained every thing, told me incontinence is such a small risk that is not worthed to be considered. In 15 years of practice he have never had one. And only have had to repeat a LIS once. But then he made me nervous when he told me that one thing to take in consideration is infection. 2 out of 100 people can get an infection(even if they take antibiotics and clean well), after LIS and then things can get complicated -abscess +fistula- :groan: . It is a small risk but is there and sometimes out of bad Luck you can be one of them. So he let me re-think my desition for a while. I thought again and realized I have to do it any way. So finally tomorrow I will have my LIS at 10 a.m and probably will be ready to go home at 11 a.m. I am very scared at the moment. Ned to go out to do something before I get crazy here in my hotel-room.
I don't have any pain at the moment. The fissure closed again but just because the Miralax and the nitro. I am not having the nitro any more. But I am taking the Miralax every day.
Fissurehome you need to be very patient . Fissures take long time to fully heal. Especially the tailbone pain( I took me 5 months to get rid from that pain completely). You need to give it long time to know if you want to have the surgery or not, especially because you don't have so much pain and you are improving every day. I am doing this because of my re-tear and also because the fissure was taking over my life. Thank you for your good wishes. Take care. Talk to you tomorrow after my LIS.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby FissureHome » 14 Jan 2014, 15:16

Wow! Waiting to hear from you! Good luck! Dont be scared you wont feel a thing and gonna be so happy after!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 14 Jan 2014, 15:17

Eat alot of fresh garlic and onions and coconut oil..they help fight infection!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 14 Jan 2014, 15:18

If you take anitboitics be sure to follow up with probiotics after! Antibioitcs kill all your good bacteria!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 16 Jan 2014, 05:48

Fissurehome, I did it :cheers:. I am one day post LIS and doing fantastic. No pain at all, minimum bleeding and just feeling great. I haven't needed any pain killer yet. I am a little sore do. But I already had two BMs. One yesterday and one today without any problems. Until now LIS seems to me like a piece of cake. How are you doing with your fissure?

P.s I posted in the LIS forum in case you want to red about my surgery. Take care. :D
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby FissureHome » 16 Jan 2014, 07:00

WOW! Awesome Bettyblue! Great news! Hope you continute to feel great!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist