2 months post surgery update

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2 months post surgery update

Postby scared ann » 05 Feb 2014, 20:42

Well, it is two months post surgery. I got an abscess which was surgically drained and corrected a month ago. I had a checkup with the surgeon yesterday and he said everything was healing as it should. I have managed to keep my bowel movements soft and regular by eating 25 grams of fiber in my daily diet and 2 or 3 Colase tablets a day. Doctor said the Metamusil wasn't necessary as long as BMs were regular and enough fiber was through diet. No problem with sphincter control. I still have a small (pea sized)swollen looking skin where the tag was removed. Doctor didn't seem to know what it was but said he will look at in 3 months if it is still there. It is not painful but I know it is there. I still have an occasional sharp shooting pain, but the Dr. says it is a spasm. So all in all, I am healing according to plan and looking forward to a fissure-free life.
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Re: 2 months post surgery update

Postby Scientist2516 » 05 Feb 2014, 22:34

That's great news, Ann. Thanks so much for the update.
Remember, the healing process can be slow, so don't be discouraged by the pain. It should go away eventually. It's just really great that you are doing so well.
:stars:
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby scared ann » 06 Feb 2014, 10:05

Thank you Scientist ! I don't have pain before or after BM ,since day one(knock on wood) it's just the occasional sharp shooting pain. And I don't know why I still have a small (pea sized ) swollen looking skin where tag was removed. And it's kind a frustrating that my dr don't have any explanation. He just said .. I don't know... will wait and see. Oh take note my CRS don't have a bedside manner...I hope that somebody here can tell me that this swollen thing will eventually go away,and i hope that my abscess will not give me anymore problem... How things with you ?Are you still in pain? Are you going to consider LIS ?
Take care...God Bless...
:smilyhug:
Last edited by scared ann on 06 Feb 2014, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Scientist2516 » 06 Feb 2014, 10:16

Hi Ann, I am doing fine. The occasional pain, but nothing much. I'm not considering LIS - I'm hoping I'll never re-tear!
I expect your swollen skin will eventually go away - such things take time, sometimes a LOT more time than you would expect. Thanks for the hug!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Teardown » 06 Feb 2014, 14:16

Hi Ann,
Glad to hear about your progress. I had my fissurectomy and skin tag removal 3 days ago. How long after the surgery did you have bleeding? Did you take any pain meds after the surgery, since you said you haven't had any pain during bms? I've been taking some paracetamol, but I still feel some "pulsing" pain after bms..
Teardown
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby scared ann » 06 Feb 2014, 22:47

Thank you Teardown ! I bleed for about couple of weeks.but not a lot.like spottings. And I only took Percoset the day I left the hospital and that night,then switch it to ibeprofin for couple of days,then no more pain meds after that. I'm not really in pain it's more like sore of the incision where he cut my skin tag. ( knock on wood) I don't have pain BM before or after surgery.just very little burning and very short,after I cleaned up the burnings gone. May I ask how do you scale your pain?did your CRS perform an LIS together with fissurectomy and tag removal?
Take care ...
God Bless....
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby skumar » 07 Feb 2014, 06:23

I got your pm late and just replied. I too have a pea size swollen and its a new skin tag for me but I am not going to be worried anymore because I had enough. I know its easier to say.
skumar
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby froberso » 17 Feb 2014, 19:29

I'm coming up my 2 month mark post surgery. I had both a spincterectomy as well as a fissurectomy. Things are going great, but bms are still a little uncomfortable, but nothing like before surgery. So thankful to God that I moved forward. I still drink Citrucil nightly, and eat salads and drink plenty of water. I also make the habit of eating an apple before bed! Good luck on your continued recovery.
froberso

Postby scared ann » 17 Feb 2014, 20:33

I'm happy to hear froberso that you are doing great.healing kind a slow but we will get there.
Thank you...
Take care :smilyhug:
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 18 Feb 2014, 13:13

Ann congrats!!!! I hope I can be like you too one day!
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40