Anyone have surgery to remove sentinel pile?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anyone have surgery to remove sentinel pile?

Postby Liz123 » 19 Feb 2014, 17:10

So I have had an AF with sentinel pile for almost 2 years now. Had it checked out but it didn't really bother me. Just a bit uncomfortable. Well, I just scheduled an appointment with a colon rectal surgeon because I fear it will need to be removed. I have noticed a really foul smell when I go to the bathroom (urinating). At first, I thought it was a vaginal infection but I got tested and everything came back clear. Is it possible for these things to begin releasing a smell? Ugh I really never thought I would be having this problem lol I'm also curious if anyone has had the surgery to remove the sentinel pile and how successful it was? I'm worried about side effects!! Flatulence particularly.
Liz123

Topics: 3

Re: Anyone have surgery to remove sentinel pile?

Postby vdb324 » 19 Feb 2014, 17:41

Hi Liz,

I had no problems with any smells, but I did have one removed. I don't think there's many health problems with them for the most part. My concern would be more that it may be an infection/fistula if there's a smell. Have you seen a CRS since you got it?

In terms of the surgery for removal, it did put me out for a week and was painful the first few days. But, not unbearable. It really depends on how much it's bothering you and what your CRS thinks. I left mine up to my CRS and told him only to remove it if he thought it should go.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52