Need some advice or support

Recently diagnosed with anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Need some advice or support

Postby Hurts donut » 03 Mar 2014, 20:15

I have never dealt with any kind of constipation, let alone an AF. I seem to have a chronic version of both now and it's unknown territoy for me. You guys are more help to me then my doctor has been so far
Hurts donut
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby ButtQueen » 03 Mar 2014, 23:42

Hi Hurts donut. Congratulations on your surgery, you are already on the road to recovery. YAY!

I know those half in-half out BMs :) I get them once a month and they cause agony to my healed fissure all over again. One thing that I noticed is that if I stay calm, take deep breaths and think about something else while sitting on the toilet instead of thinking "OMG WHY ISN'T THIS GETTING OUT", it really does come out eventually. Though if you have an impaction problem, this might not be the trick for you.

My advice would be to spread out the stool softeners to your entire day. Take some in breakfast, lunch and dinner. Have you gotten anything out yet? If something has come out, it does mean that things are moving but they are just slow so you will have to stay patient. Whatever you do, do NOT strain. Stay calm and relaxed. Keep us updated!
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby dent1 » 04 Mar 2014, 02:48

Hi - yes The bowel movement usually happened eventually - just with too much straining and resulting in fissure formation pain and bleeding. How long have you been taking the stool softners? Try looking up incomplete evacuation syndrome and see if that rings a bell.
dent1
Salt Bather

Topics: 4