Skin tag bleeding or fissure?

Is there a difference?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Skin tag bleeding or fissure?

Postby Worrier12345 » 15 Apr 2014, 07:29

I have had an anterior fissure for quite some time now as well as the more recent addition of a posterior fissure (waiting on NHS botox treatment, but that's a long story). It seems that they like to take turns in retearing every couple of weeks.

Anyway, at the moment I'm experiencing bleeding from the anterior. There is not too much pain during BM, and I've never suffered severe spasms. However, this time it seems that the bleeding is not stopping. It's not a great deal of blood, but every couple of hours I'll go and dab my anus with toilet paper and there is always fresh/slightly dried blood. It has been like this for three days. Usually the blood stops after wiping up from a BM, but not at the moment.

I am wondering whether it is possible that this bleeding is coming from the skin tag, rather than the fissure itself? Is this possible? Or is the fissure and the skin tag one and the same? The skin tag is very red and swollen, I'm not sure it's ever been like this before.

Any advice/insight would be appreciated. I'm going on holiday in 5 days, and I really hope that I can get this under control before then.

Thanks.
Worrier12345
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Skin tag bleeding or fissure?

Postby suzyljank » 15 Apr 2014, 10:25

Hi, It might be a good idea to talk to your doctor. Generally skin tags don't bleed however if it's a hemohrroid it could. Fissures bleed but they usually stop bleeding once you've finished having a bm. It would put your mind at ease to ask a doctor and find out for sure what is causing the blood. It's probably nothing to worry about but it's might be worth getting it checked out. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic