New here, 3 days post LIS and skin tag removal

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here, 3 days post LIS and skin tag removal

Postby lanahaze39 » 21 Apr 2014, 00:15

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for a bit, and now that I'm three days out from surgery I figured it was time to introduce myself. I'm Lana, 20 years old, and I had LIS with skin tag removal on Friday morning. I've suffered from a very severe fissure for at least a year now, although I suspect it may have been present far longer without causing major symptoms. I've gained a lot from reading this forum, and now that I've actually gone through with surgery I figured it was time to start participating and hopefully giving back to other members who are scared or in pain. We're all going through this awfulness together, and I'm so glad a place like this exists to talk about it. In real life I can only talk about this with my husband and my best friend, but neither of them really understand all of the pain and fear involved in this.

xx Lana
xx Lana
lanahaze39
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: New here, 3 days post LIS and skin tag removal

Postby sugarspice » 21 Apr 2014, 03:43

Lana, that's great that you have had the surgery, how are you getting on and how was the surgery?

SS xx
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby lanahaze39 » 21 Apr 2014, 11:20

The surgery itself was a cakewalk, not half as bad as I was anticipating. I had no pain that day or saturday, and I've been mostly carrying on as usual. There is pain today after a bm, but it's a very different one than the fissure pain. This feels like a deep aching pain all over the left side (presumably the side of the incision) with a bit of stinging at the skin tag and incision sites. It hurts, but it's like a 4/10 compared to the 10/10 presurgery pain. Thanks for asking!
xx Lana
lanahaze39
Fibre Addict

Postby vdb324 » 21 Apr 2014, 18:02

Great to hear! I think the recovery from the LIS was easier than my recovery from the Botox coupled with a tag removal, to be quite honest.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby lanahaze39 » 22 Apr 2014, 13:22

I was expecting so much worse than this, but I think I'm also particularly lucky with my recovery. I went to 7 hours of classes today and I feel great. Honestly, the only time I really remember something is up is during bowel movements and then five minutes after. Other than that things are business as usual.
xx Lana
lanahaze39
Fibre Addict