Hello Im a new member

few questions

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello Im a new member

Postby rchlschwrtz » 06 May 2014, 21:00

HI,

I have been suffering from 3 anal fissures for about 3 weeks. I think I got it from childbirth. I have spent many nights awake crying begging my husbnad to kill me i was in so much pain, wishing i was dead. i had tried absolultey everything to heal them but it just kept getting worse. I went to a colon rectal surgeon on monday and he gave me medicine to try using and see if it would help in 2 weeks. later that night after i went to the bathroom I flipped out and called him this morning begging for surgery. I am hopefully having the surgery this Friday if my insurance authorizes it (keeping my fingers crossed). I am really nervous about the surgery but i figured it cant hurt more then this. I cant imagine living with this for any longer. I am so thankful that I found this support group and cant wait to be able to take care of my baby with out crying.
Does going to the bathroom after surgery hurt?
Should I try and empty out before surgery?
Do you go under anastesia?
So you need pain killers after? (cant imagine it hurts more than this but I'm already on pain killers)
rchlschwrtz

Topics: 1

Re: Hello Im a new member

Postby Jbl22424 » 06 May 2014, 21:25

Welcome. I'm a new mom as well, had my fissure since my son was 7 weeks old (he's almost 6 months now). I may be getting surgery in two weeks, we'll see. Please do post about how your surgery goes, I'd love to hear! I so feel your pain about caring for your baby in tears. This fissure has sucked so much joy out of my sons first year of life, it is so sad. I can't wait to be past it.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Roidsfizzman » 06 May 2014, 22:25

I had the LIS 8 day ago. For me having a BM after the surgery did not hurt. Your doctor should give you directions on how to prep for the surgery. Most doctors do not want you to eat any food 24 hours before the surgery and no water after midnight for the day of the surgery. Your doctor shoud give you direction if and how they want you to empty. I was given a general propfol as anastesa as I was not interested in a spinal. I elected to go with a 72 hour anal block for the after pain that is given as a shot. I was also given pain pills. Good Luck on your surgery. Hope this help answer some of your questions.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Jbl22424 » 11 May 2014, 21:25

Hi Rchlschwrtz - Did you get your surgery? Hope all went well!
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby rchlschwrtz » 17 May 2014, 22:16

Hi everyone I did get the surgery. The recovery pain is nothing compared to the pain of having the fissures. I'm a little sore but its not so bad. I had to get a hemmeroidectomy at the same time and one of the fissures needed to be stitched closed it was so bad. Anyways I'm hoping in a few days to be doing even better. I'm staying by my inlaws and parents so my baby is well taken care 9f while I recover.
rchlschwrtz

Postby rchlschwrtz » 17 May 2014, 22:17

Hi everyone I did get the surgery. The recovery pain is nothing compared to the pain of having the fissures. I'm a little sore but its not so bad. I had to get a hemmeroidectomy at the same time and one of the fissures needed to be stitched closed it was so bad. Anyways I'm hoping in a few days to be doing even better. I'm staying by my inlaws and parents so my baby is well taken care 9f while I recover.
rchlschwrtz

Postby Apes » 18 May 2014, 06:28

That great news, wishing you a speedy recovery and lots of great times with your new baby and family. Please keep us posted on your progress.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Jbl22424 » 20 May 2014, 08:29

So happy for you!
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sb2 » 21 May 2014, 20:40

Rchlschertz, I never heard/read anyone mentioning stitching a fissure. Did your surgeon mention how large your fissure was? I had LIS 5 weeks ago by a General Surgeon who made a 5 mm incision for a deep, 1.5 cm fissure. It is not healing and I am seeing a CRS tomorrow. Wondering if my LIS didn't cut enough.

Good luck with your recovery.
sb2
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby rchlschwrtz » 21 May 2014, 21:03

O gosh I'm so sorry it didn't work! That's so disappointing. I didn't ask him details since I havent see him yet post and I was so grogy after the surgery but my husband told me that the surgeon said it wasn't going to heal on its own. Good luck at the CRS I realy hope he can help you.
rchlschwrtz