treatments

anal fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

treatments

Postby Ray » 22 May 2014, 11:54

Hi glad I found this site, it is a good source of info, for different treatment possibilities, and to know I am not the only one going through this. Have had a fissure for 5months plus now, have tried nitro cream last 2.5 months, acupuncture, increased fiber, low sugar intake, and natural remedy using figs, stool softeners, healing remedy from the rain forest sitz baths. Last week went a full week with minimal discomfort, and though great, it's finally going away, but that is not the case, where the tear healed up a bit the muscle is still locked up. I am pretty fed up, put a call into my doctor, and will discuss next course of action, I think from reading here that Botox would be worth a try, I guess I will see what doctor has to say. Naturally I am very apprehensive about post procedure problems, but after reading, here feel not so scared. I am really tired of the pain, and all the things associated with trying different remedies. But most of all I am tired of being in pain, there have been times where tears would just start streaming down my face the pain was so intense, thank God it is not like that constantly. Only time it goes away for a bit is when I practice the saxophone, so happy to have that escape.
Ray
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: treatments

Postby Apes » 22 May 2014, 12:18

Sorry to hear you are one of us. In my opinion 5 months is too long to suffer and it is probably time to try something else. Do you know how your fissure started? I have a theory, probably more wishful thinking then anything else. My fissure was due to a nick during a colonoscopy as opposed to something physical, like large stool, complications from IBS etc. I'm therefore hoping my Botox treatment has greater success rate for me. Thinking that if I can just get rid of the spasm things will get better. I also only had the fissure for about 2 months before I had Botox. I think the sooner you have Botox the less time the fissure has to become chronic.
I chose not to have surgery because I didn't want any chance of long term consequences and I felt Botox would result in less short term pain then surgery. I was to a point where I couldn't take anymore pain. If Botox doesn't work I will consider surgery. It's funny the only time I cry is when I have good days.
Do your research and discuss with a CRS. BEST OF LUCK
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Ray » 22 May 2014, 12:26

Thanks for the kind words, this is like the only place to talk about this, or with my doctor, not a subject a lot of people are at ease with. Not sure how it started, have been guilty un the past of forcing, but cannot recall anything at onset that would have caused it, but I do remember it was Dec. 16th. Doctor is in surgery all day today but will be talking with her soon. As she said when I first consulted, this takes over everything; your thoughts, things you do, what you can eat are all affected. Good luck to you also.
Ray
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Apes » 22 May 2014, 17:34

It's a horrible life altering thing, but it can be beat. It will take time and patience. Try to get to high or to low. You know you can vent on this forum, it's been great help to me.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17