OK this is weird. Any suggestions?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

OK this is weird. Any suggestions?

Postby buttgirl » 29 Jan 2008, 11:52

Well. i think the surgeon must have deformed my rear a bit. I found the cause of yesterday's awful pain late last night. A popcorn kernal thingy (not the kernal itself but the brown hard wrapper) got stuck in the fissure area. that hurt like mad, let me tell you. Image
this happened once before a few months back. I remembered this when I thought to myself about the last time I was in such pain. So I squatted over a mirror and viola a kernal and pretty much instant relief. I could actually sit and walk without tremendous pain. Image
I'm not too sure what to do about this. I am afraid to eat popcorn now or any thing else that is a bit hard and could get stuck. Any suggetions?? Image
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: OK this is weird. Any suggestions?

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2008, 11:57

I remember when that happened to you before too! I used to have some issues with puffed wheat because there were little casings or something that would come off and get stuck too. I have the same problem with popcorn too so I have just had to stop eating it for awhile. I love getting those big tins from the Popcorn Factory though. Butter, cheese and caramel!

I guess now you know that it was a cause of pain if it happens again you could check down there and see if something is stuck. I am glad there was something you could do about it and it wasn't a major setback.

Postby Fissulyna » 29 Jan 2008, 15:50

Oh, I am glad to hear Chris that you found a culprit again !!!! I also remember when a salad got stuck first time around : (. My CRS told me that they sometimes have cases of people having fish bone stuck
and they have to remove it under sedation.
I stay away from anything scratchy for now. No popcorn and such : (((
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2008, 16:44

OMG that sounds horrific!
Glad you found the source of the problem though :)

Postby Guest » 30 Jan 2008, 18:00

Chris,
Let me tell you I ate popcorn the night before I came down with the stomach bug last January. Imagine all night long those little suckers ripping out everytime I went to the bathroom. Oh man I think that was one of the contributing factors of my fissure.
Patty