Bread/Pasta/Potatoes

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Bread/Pasta/Potatoes

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2008, 12:45

I love all the Morningstar products myself. I eat the sausage patties, links, veggie burgers. I tried to make my kids eat the hot dogs and they took one bit and were disgusted though. Same thing for the chik patties but I think they are great! Especially with Ranch dressing.

Yeah, I think people realized how serious my condition was when I stopped eating chocolate. I do tell people I am having some digestive issues if they press and then I fart really loud (no, I don't really do that, J/K!).

The dark milky way was tasty!!!! It is nice to be able to eat a few more things for sure. On Friday I am going to try eating a burrito from Moe's and see how that goes. Hopefully the spices don't burn on the way out.

Val, I think I have about 5 stitches. I haven't looked but that is what it feels like. They must be loosening up some because man, it felt like my butt had a face lift or something for awhile!

Postby val » 29 Jan 2008, 13:19

I know how you feel-I was walking with one leg on tiptoe and my husband had to keep hauling me off the sofa coz I got stuck! It does get better, promise!
I'm glad you're enjoying food again, its like being a kid let loose in a candy store isnt it!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2008, 17:05

I can't eat white bread at all, 1 slice and I am bunged up :(
Pasta I seem to be ok with in moderation, and potato as well.
I guess as long as it doesn't constipate you it's ok :)
Dark chocolate milky ways!!!!!! yummmm
we don't have them over here yet :(
Glad to hear you guys are doing great :)

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2008, 18:04

Let me send you some then!

Postby bherna1 » 29 Jan 2008, 22:36

I added to my diet to increase weight by eating fish and fresh cut up potatos and put in the oven. The fresh cut up potatos come out soft and almost like french fries with out the grease. I have no problems with passing them and have gained around 5 pounds and energy which was dearly needed. I was failing alseep during the day without the carbs.
Thanks
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 30 Jan 2008, 18:11

I am slowly adding things back into my diet. I stay away from dark chocolate. Can you believe it. I just had some mash potatoes. I find that mushy things never bother me no matter what it is. I try new things but in very small portions. If I eat pasta it would be about 2 tablespoons full.
Patty