2nd LIS

Seeking Advice

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2nd LIS

Postby sb2 » 03 Jun 2014, 19:37

Hi all, I am scheduled for my second LIS on Monday. Im a little nervous as my CRS told me that the last surgeon did not cut enough and said he would be cutting all the way to the dentate line and doing a fissurectomy as well to help with healing. Does anyone know about or have an experience with a LIS to the dentate line? Is this typical for repeat procedures? Also, any feedback on recovery time for LIS/Fissurectomy combo would be appreciated!
sb2
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: 2nd LIS

Postby Roidsfizzman » 04 Jun 2014, 09:56

Hi SB2,

There are two typical cuts used for LIS: one is to cut the length of fissure and the other is a longer cut to the dentate line. On my LIS the cut was the length of the fissue a little less than a half inch. I read a study that noted that the dentate line cut had a slightly higher rate of incontinent than the fissure length cut and females were at higher risk for incontinent with the dentate line cut. Both cuts had about the same results on healing the fissure. Have you had a resting pressure test done? I would talk to your doctor about the choice of cuts and your incontinent risks on doing the second LIS with the dentate line cut.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4