irritation after LIS

any suggestions

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

irritation after LIS

Postby sotiredofthis » 08 Jun 2014, 18:27

For those who haven't followed this is my surgery thread http://anal-fissure.org/surgery-yesterday-t8276.html#p104878. I am 6 weeks post surgery tomorrow.

Here's the latest problem that I could use some advice on. I am calling my CRS tomorrow but thought I would ask here as well. I was having some irritation from my incision site and had my stitches removed which greatly helped that. Now I'm having irritation again at my fissure site. Mostly when I sit which was my problem before surgery. I was hoping that was going to go away with surgery. My CRS told me to use hydrocortisone for about a week as she thought I was a little inflamed when she took out the stitches. I used the hydrocortisone 4 times and it actually felt worse. So I called them and they said maybe I was allergic to something in the cream. I've used it before without it causing problem though so I don't think I'm allergic. I then tried Desitin and it just made things seem sticky and dry and still irritated. Since then I've used nothing to see if maybe my bottom just needed a break! I'm still having the same irritation and now it does look red to me with a little rash on the sides of my anus. I don't know what to do now!

Any advice? Should I try the hydrocortisone again now that I see redness and rash as well? I did have to use an antibiotic cream post surgery once a day for 4 weeks. I was worried that maybe it was yeast but when I talked to the CRS office she said the CRS didn't see anything that looked like yeast when I was in getting my stitches out.

UGH! :cry:
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Re: irritation after LIS

Postby MamaBearOfTwo » 08 Jun 2014, 20:59

I had my procedure done the last Monday of April and I used corn starch. It sounds crazy but every time you go to the washroom use 2-3 cotton balls or 1 cotton pad and dab it in corn starch, don't worry if there's a lot. Place it over your bum as close as you can and cycle Tylenol and Advil for the pain. I did this for the first 2 weeks every time and had no issues with redness or rash like markings. I also used the cream the Doctors gave me to use as well. Again, I know it sounds weird but people use it for baby diaper rash as well.
MamaBearOfTwo