miralax benefiber advice

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

miralax benefiber advice

Postby Apes » 11 Jun 2014, 17:22

So I went to my CRS today, 38 days into Botox. I did not let her scope me to see how it was going in there, I figured if its healing or not there is nothing else she could do so why risk a probe.
She would like to see me cut back/stop Miralax and keep going with fiber. She does not want me to become dependent on the Miralax.
I have been feeling better and think the Botox is working. i take 1 tsp of benfiber in the afternoon and 2 tsp miralax at night. I have a BM within 1/2 hour of waking and another one 1/2 to 1 hour after breakfast. i sometimes have a 3rd. they are all soft. I have some discomfort after each BM and my hemmy swells and sometimes I ice it. I would prefer to lessen the frequency of my BMS to avoid the irritation.
My question, I guess, is should I start to tapper the Miralax. My fear is that my BM will become hard and or bulky with the benefiber. My doctor says just make sure I drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, which I do.
I hope this made sense, it kind of rambled. Any thoughts
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Re: miralax benefiber advice

Postby owmybum » 13 Jun 2014, 13:46

You could try gradually tapering off the mirilax. You could try 1 1/2 tsp for a week..... Then 1 tsp.... Then 1/2 tsp for a week and so on. This very gradual reduction may not be quite such a shock to the system.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: miralax benefiber advice

Postby Apes » 13 Jun 2014, 19:18

Thanks OMB, that's what I have decided to do. I went down to 1tsp. The first day I had only one BM, but the second day I had three. I was out to dinner the night before so I ate more then usual which could have caused that. It seems if I can get up and eat breakfast before a my first BM I only have one. If I get up and need to go right away I always have at least one more.
I hear your BMS aren't cooperating. Probably is stress. I don't have to tell you to be extra diligent with food right now. Hopefully the holiday will relax you and get you back on track. Good luck
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17