Having to go more than once a day??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Having to go more than once a day??

Postby owmybum » 13 Jun 2014, 13:56

This last couple of weeks I've had the urge to have a bm more than my usual once a day.
I normally go about 30mins after I get up in the morning.... And thank god, that's me for the day.

For the last two to three weeks I have needed to go, or felt very uncomfortable, like I need to go but not quite, nearly every day.

I have never been diagnosed with irritable bowel, but I'm starting to wonder if this is what it could be?
I have quite a lot of stress at the moment..... Family health problems, new kitchen being fitted( or not as it happens at the moment! ) and I'm getting a bit apprehensive about a holiday we are taking next week...... Do you think it's all this added stress that's upsetting my bowel and bms??

What do you recon???

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: Having to go more than once a day??

Postby Ever the Optimist » 13 Jun 2014, 15:07

OMG OMB, x
I am pretty sure that stress causes me soooooooo many issues with my bowels!!
I'm having a nightmare right now with my BMs and it's nothing but stress related (break-up in long-term relationship, move to another property, work ....Jeez, it just goes on right now)
What I'm experiencing is IBS for sure, fluctuations between harder and runny stools, having to go or feeling like I have to but nothing there, feeling uncomfortable in my stomach and bowels and at times, a bit bloated.....It drives me nuts! It's so much worse when you throw in your anal issues and know that's it's not helping them in the least!....Stress has much to answer for and I continue to maintain the same toilet habits/ diet/ healthy water intake etc. so nothing has really changed there.
Hopefully this is just a short-term temporary issue for you and once you are on holiday, you will feel so much better and more distracted...and less stressed!
It might be worth discussing your symptoms with your GP when you are home if it continues & you feel that will help too?
Are you going somewhere nice?? xxx
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby owmybum » 13 Jun 2014, 15:52

Thank you ETO...... Yes, I really think it must be the stress. All the symptoms you're describing are what's happening with me!
I'm really sorry to hear you are going through a break up.... And moving home and job... That must be so distressing for you. God...... I hope your bum behaves itself... Keep to your strict routine as much as you can.

We are going to Rhodes. Just a week... But thought I'd need something to keep me going before the flap surgery.

Huge hugs to you lovely..... I'm always here if you want to pm me.

OMB xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Ever the Optimist » 14 Jun 2014, 02:45

Thank you OMB xx
I've been meaning to PM you back for a week or so! I will do so.
Rhodes sounds fab! A bit of sun, sea and Greek salad and all those dips - I love Greece!! (and Greek food)
Be sure to have a wonderful time and chill out as much as possible :)
Thank you for your kind words and hopefully, this will all calm down for you very soon :)
xxxxxxxxxx
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again