Setback Days 6-7 Post Op

Frustrating

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Setback Days 6-7 Post Op

Postby sb2 » 16 Jun 2014, 18:07

Well, after 5 mostly pain free days at the fissure site, days 6 and 7 have been frustrating. On day 6, had some irritation at the fissure site and little or no pain at the incision after a second bm was diarrrhea. Throughout day 6 had a feeling I used to get occasionally prior to surgery where the fissure was sore, but not spasming. The soreness was consistent with a feeling of having a cut anywhere on the body. Prior to LIS, I used to consider those good days as the pain was there off and on, but not the 4-6 hours of intense spasm pain.

Day 7 barely had any bm, and the little that was there was a diarrhea consistency and painful. Very frustrating as I have followed the same regimented diet for the past couple of months.

I assume the diarrhea is the culprit, but it is hard not to wonder if the procedure (my second LIS) has failed. I think all of this is as tough mentally as anything we're dealing with physically.
sb2
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Setback Days 6-7 Post Op

Postby Apes » 16 Jun 2014, 18:36

Sb2, don't lose hope, it's so early on. You had a great start and that may also be a little unusual. Remember you had surgery, it sucks and is very frustrating having a bout of diarrhea after not changing anything. Anesthesia can upset the system for some time. Poets hope you get back on track. Wishing you only good thoughts.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17