Abscess just popped up after fistulotomy

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Abscess just popped up after fistulotomy

Postby Mparente » 18 Jun 2014, 19:51

I just noticed an abscess right above the fistulotomy incision. I had fistulotomy 11 days ago and everything was perfectly fine until around 2 this afternoon when I had a BM. I'm obviously freaked out and I'm meeting my doctor at the hospital in the morning. I'm pretty sure I'll need more drainage. Anyone else have this? I'm so upset
Mparente

Topics: 2

Re: Abscess just popped up after fistulotomy

Postby Savaici » 23 Jun 2014, 21:57

Hope that everything went well, Mparente?
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Abscess just popped up after fistulotomy

Postby Mparente » 25 Jun 2014, 15:52

Hi Savaici,
My doctor assured me that the red, itchy bump is part of the healing process. I have no recourse other than to believe him. However, I've been having extremely bloody BMs that remind me of when I had a fissure in 2009. And today, I can feel the seton poking out of the incision. From what I read, it is probably falling out due to the fistulotomy healing. I haven't been looking at it or touching it really, so I'm just waiting until my next appointment Monday. Needless to say, UGH!
Mparente

Topics: 2

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?