Tail Bone Pain

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Tail Bone Pain

Postby leahnc » 30 Jun 2014, 19:49

Hi again. Im back to ask another question. What causes the tailbone to hurt so bad? Im having soft bowel movements but noticed I have to strain/push to get things moving. Its like when your constipated, but in my case everything is soft and easy to pass once I start pushing.

I woke up with a stiffness in my lower back. While at work I was in terrible pain in my tailbone and down my legs (I stand all day at my job). My tailbone feels so tense and I feel that I cannot relax? The only relief I got today was taking 3 ibuprofen.

Any suggestions? The hemorrhoids and fissure seem to be better. Ive been using Prep H and eating pretty healthy.
No burning or crawling sensations in my rectum anymore :D

Thanks again
leahnc
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Tail Bone Pain

Postby Apes » 30 Jun 2014, 20:24

Glad you have no burning. When I had tailbone pain it was the levator ani spasm. That prevented my fissure from getting blood flow and caused me severe pain. In your case if the fissure is not an issue I'm not sure what is causing that pain. My spasm went from my tailbone to my testi and lasted hours with no relief. I would say check with your CRS and keep taking ibuprofen.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Re: Tail Bone Pain

Postby Roidsfizzman » 30 Jun 2014, 20:50

Hi Leah,
I have had the terrible pain in my tailbone as it was a dull ache. I do not know what caused it. My tailbone would start hurting when I was sleeping and it would wake me up. I also had to take Ibuprofen for relief. It went away on its own.
Before LIS surgery I had to push to get things moving on soft stools and on a hard stool I had to strain. What caused my issue with the high resting pressure of the internal sphincter muscle and this is the muscle that is cut during LIS. We do not control the internal sphincter muscle as it is involuntary during a BM. What could be happing to you is that you have to push to open the internal sphincter to exit the stool because of high resting pressure. We control the external sphincter that is the muscle that you can feel to close during a BM.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4