My ring of fire...

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

My ring of fire...

Postby Fissurefrustration » 29 Jun 2014, 11:58

ok so it's the first time I've checked myself in the mirror 'down there' for a few weeks and i can only see a small remnent of my fissure but now just on the spincter to the right I've got a dark purple raised spot, like a ball bearing. it's obviously clotted blood and so I guess I have a new hemorrhoid. i can palpate it and feel it under the skin, just feels like a ballbearing under the skin really!! on the other side there's a slight dark soft swelling and so I've come to the conclusion on both sides I've got small hemmis.

These aren't the same pain as my AF but are moreso an eyesore and a dull ache that's always there. going to see my CRS soon to discuss my options, I just hope he can do something for me I feel like this has been going on for most of my adult life!!

I'm using prep H but I'm worried it's going to make my AF worse...
taking on plenty of water, stool softners, and fiber.

any other tips?

ps I read online not to take warferin/aspirin/deltaparin/Fragmin - (Blood thinners) with hemis, can anyone shed any light why? I thought thinning the blood whould disperse the clots and make the hemis go away??

J
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: My ring of fire...

Postby Alyssa » 05 Jul 2014, 14:45

Fissure frustration,

Keep on doing sitz baths and add an ice pack to the area to relieve pain and irritation... Sometimes hemmy's never go away but may shrink...I had mine removed since they had been bothering me for almost a year and every time I had a bm they would swell up but mine were pregnancy induced.
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Re: My ring of fire...

Postby Flaneur » 08 Jul 2014, 06:56

Ff, mine have a tendency to become thrombosed (they get clots). This is super painful, even more so tan a fissure for me. My doctor (GP) is pretty old school and happy to drain them when it happens. Otherwise, the clots will disappear themselves in a few weeks.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11