Homestretch?

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Homestretch?

Postby Jbl22424 » 05 Jul 2014, 09:21

I couldn't work after a Bm the day after surgery for about 3 days. I also didn't sit for that time period. But everyone is different and I had a lot more pain than you it sounds like. Fissurefrustration - LIS is actually not that big a deal, it's a pretty minor surgery and if I had known what it really was like I wouldn't have been scared. I was of course too because of the unknown.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Fellk » 05 Jul 2014, 09:26

Jbl22424 wrote:I couldn't work after a Bm the day after surgery for about 3 days. I also didn't sit for that time period. But everyone is different and I had a lot more pain than you it sounds like. Fissurefrustration - LIS is actually not that big a deal, it's a pretty minor surgery and if I had known what it really was like I wouldn't have been scared. I was of course too because of the unknown.

It's kind of crazy how different everyone is. I'd consider myself a minor case which is probably why I've gone 5 years now. My doc said it's such a minor minor surgery that it's crazy I'd not had it years ago. I think the main will be pretty minor in my case unless he really has to get in there to get the scar tissue out. He mentioned that after he makes the incision that it's a quick flick to remove the tissue from the muscle. We shall see!
Fellk
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Fellk » 11 Jul 2014, 11:04

alright so LIS is done.

things went mostly fine.

Day1: little pain, no bm. took percocets
Day2: More pain, no BM. only took percocets once.
Day3: Lots of pain. went to work, regretted it. Lots of blood even just from walking around. Had a soft bm, lots of blood anyway.
Day4: Going home early from work so I can relax for the weekend. Bit of blood but it seems to be slowing up. No BM.
Fellk
Salt Bather

Postby powderblue » 13 Jul 2014, 17:13

How are you feeling now?
powderblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Fellk » 14 Jul 2014, 06:53

Day5 was interesting. I've been using gauze and taping my butcheeks together. It's helped considerably I believe. Almost no pain all day. There was blood when I replaced the gauze but not all that much considering it;d been 12 hours since I'd replaced it. Slept well but most importantly when I woke up it wasn;t super super sore. Normally it is. I've equated it to when you bust your knee up. Its sore in the morning as the scab is tight.

Today will sorta be my first day back to work considering the first day I went back was bad and the 2nd I left half way thru.
Fellk
Salt Bather

Return to Diaries