Risks and benefits of surgery stats?

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Risks and benefits of surgery stats?

Postby tll » 14 Jul 2014, 17:51

I was able to cut back my work to 3 days a week for now and yes I will be glad to post the Dr I have he is one of the top Drs in the St Louis area.
tll
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Risks and benefits of surgery stats?

Postby Dewlilly » 14 Jul 2014, 20:02

I agree with Diamond .. it depends on the person/healing/ complexity of the fistula on how successful treatments can be ... I had a fistulotomy and a seton all in the same surgery and i would like to think i am one of the lucky ones. KNock on wood (tapping my head lol) things seemed to of healed up and I am left with the same issues as Diamond ... having to reclean after a BM as stool gets caught in my gutter lol and I too dont seem to be able to hold it in for as long as i used too when i gotta go i gotta go .. same goes for passing gas i usually cant hold that in for the life of me but considering living with a fistula vs all these lil issues i will gladly take them anyday
Dewlilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 1