Home from flap surgery!

Internal flap....

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Home from flap surgery!

Postby owmybum » 02 Aug 2014, 08:45

Diorrhea this morning. It just sort of happened when I thought I needed just a wee. I cleaned off by sitting over the side of the bath and using the shower to rinse off. Hubby dried me off with the hair dryer.
I'm still feeling so weak and dizzy... Just can't seem to get over this anaesthetic... Or it could be a side effect of the pain meds??
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Apes » 02 Aug 2014, 09:04

it can take quite a while to recover from anesthesia, adding the pain meds can make it worse. Try to get as much rest as possible, we are all routing for you.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby JHH » 02 Aug 2014, 11:21

OMB, great news. You are now on the path to healing, and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Yes, anastesia can take a few days to get over, so take it easy, and make sure to rest.
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby owmybum » 03 Aug 2014, 04:23

Still got very loose stools that just slip out with no warning when I need a wee. My stomach is gurgling away all the time too. I have stopped taking the tramadol as of yesterday and I'm hoping to see some improvement in my dizziness. I am just taking 400mg ibuprofen now every 6 hours, and as long as I'm just lying around.... It's taking the edge off the pain pretty well.
I'm going to get my husband to set a sun lounger up in the garden for me today so I can get a bit of fresh air to my bum.... I've warned all the neighbours I may be doing this.... So hopefully I won't cause any distress!! Lol

I just hope my "surprise poos" don't last too much longer... I really have no sensation at all!!
Other flappers...... Is this normal??
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Apes » 03 Aug 2014, 04:47

OMB, sounds like you are making some progress. It's great to hear. Funny you mention getting air to your bum, I was thinking of posting in success stories that sleeping with no bottoms help my bum feel better. It takes away a little irritation and soreness. Fresh air should be good. I hope you can have an enjoyable day.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Rachael 1984 » 03 Aug 2014, 06:04

Hi OMB,
Sounds like there is some progress there...... Ooh the neighbours now, seeing your bottom lol! That made me laugh!
It must be annoying having the surprise poos though, maybe the pain drugs are upsetting your tummy? I hope another flapper can reassure you and give some advice. I hope you enjoy your day, stay on that lounger and get waited on, don't you over do it.... It drives you mad staying in bed doesn't it!? Keep up the good work my lovely. Xxxxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby owmybum » 03 Aug 2014, 10:31

Yes.... I'm being a right lady muck... My poor husband is being run off his feet looking after me the kids and the cat!! Lol ( but it's only what I do..... With a fissure I might add!) I do feel helpless though... And having your husband clean and dry your battered butt hole doesn't do a girls self image much good!! Lol :poop: :affraid: :nope: :affraid:
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby asdf123456 » 03 Aug 2014, 14:03

My understanding is they pump you up with antibiotics during flap surgeries which could explain your stomach problems. Did your doctor tell you why he opted out of the house flap? Hope your starting to feel better...
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby suzyljank » 03 Aug 2014, 14:26

Hi, I had the same thing happen with surprise bms for a little while. The doctor forgot to tell me this was normal and I panicked but it gets better. I was in the hospital for a few days and couldn't even walk around because I never knew when it was going to a happen. By the end of the week things were getting better in that department. I hope your recovery goes smoothly. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby owmybum » 04 Aug 2014, 03:37

Still had a surprise poo with my first morning wee. I hope this settles down soon. I feel like I'm going so much it's surely going to hamper recovery. I'm normally a once a day person..... But this is every time I get up to use the bathroom. Ugh. And it was pretty sore after this morning... The pain went all down the tops of my legs. I'm only taking ibuprofen now, as everything else makes me feel 10x worse.
I'm still feeling washed out..... It will be a week tomorrow since my operation. I was hoping to feel a lot better than this to be honest.
I may start up a diary in the diaries thread.

OMB x

Asdf...... I never actually saw mr w after the op, but his assistant told me they always do the less a invasive option, so there's always somewhere to go if needed. She said the size and location of the fissure meant it was possible to flap internally. I'm sure she said it wasn't at 6 o'clock either...... But I was well out of it at that point, and remember very little. I'm wondering if it had actually started to partially heal, as I said in the couple of weeks leading up to surgery that it had never felt as good in years!! That makes me think that the high dose of vitamin c and zink I started taking 2 weeks prior to surgery had anything to do with it??
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum