My painful story

How it all got started

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

My painful story

Postby Vanja1987 » 11 Aug 2014, 08:55

Hällochen people,

my story goes back September 2013 when I had operation of my ovarie and got enema before the operation and seems like it triggered my already sensible intestines. I could do BM only with laxative, weeks after operation it got better, but still painful and with drops of blood on toilet paper. And then I did the dumbest thing of my whole life- I decided I ll take iron supplement (without talking with my GP or knowing if I lack iron) and since I started drinking that fluid, my BM felt like i was pooing razors. Went to the GP, she said- stop taking iron. I stopped, but pain didn't stop. All culminated with visiting proctologist in Februar this year, where he diagnosed me AF. He said increase fiber in your diet and drink plenty of water.
I did that, but actually I needed much more informations. I felt left alone, pretty embarrassed to talk with anyone about it, trying to eat a lot of vegetables, and struggling with everyday. Went to proctologist in May again, where he diagnosed me another AF on another spot and told me that the old one healed and that I will need to learn to live with it.

I am right now in pain, my lower back hurts, it all burns down there, I have that skin tag which is burning as well, and pretty sure I have right now AF on two spots. Cannot go to GP cause I moved from one country to another and for next 2 months I don't have health insurance.

I decided to try to heal it on my own. With proper diet, a lot of water and herbal teas and patience.
I am in phase where I am discovering what foods harm me through writing a diary.

I am so glad I found this forum!
I terribly need moral support! :)

Hugs from Denmark,
Vanja
Vanja1987
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: My painful story

Postby Apes » 11 Aug 2014, 09:49

Sorry to hear you are suffering. No doctor should tell you that you will need to live this. That is insensitive and totally unprofessional. I hear that you moved to a new country but you really need to see a CRS and get started on a program to heal. I wish the best.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Vanja1987 » 11 Aug 2014, 10:15

Thank you.
I will try to dig in into options, but I honestly think that I won't be able to see the CSR before October. Until then, I will do my best to find a proper diet for me. Which is quite a task- my thyroid is slightly under functioning (doctor says that we will observe it a bit to see if I will need hormonal therapy), which is slowing down metabolism and causing constipation. So, its a long road in front of me!
Vanja1987
Fibre Addict

Postby Vanja1987 » 11 Aug 2014, 10:59

Hi, thanks :)
Im in Copenhagen, and as far as I know, there are such clinics, but honestly, I would prefer waiting and then going somewhere where I would get through treatment. Cause this quick-give her cream and tell her to eat fiber-visits to doctor didn't work for me.
I wanna learn how to do reductionist diet, if there exist beginner level diet for this condition, something I could follow apart from "listening to my body and butt", cause I have no more ideas what to eat. Thats what Im trying to find from reading this forum. :)
Vanja1987
Fibre Addict

Postby Roidsfizzman » 16 Aug 2014, 08:51

Vanja,

Are you taking a daily stool softener?
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby JHH » 16 Aug 2014, 11:42

You should go to a doctor ASAP and pay out of your own pocket if nessesary. Get some Rectogesic and get on a stool softener like Movicol. Soft, easy passable BM is a must, as even one single hard BM can reset the healing.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want, Im in Denmark too.

J
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Savaici » 16 Aug 2014, 12:22

I used to live in Denmark, and am Danish speaking too, so you are welcome to contact me by PM also Vanja. I lived many years in Copenhagen, and before that in Jylland.

Don't know if this is of any help too: https://lifeindenmark.borger.dk/Pages/H ... d134fd8b28
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Savaici » 17 Aug 2014, 12:52

Had a great doctor when I lived in Copenhagen. Such a kind doctor. https://gangweb.ganglion.dk/doc_haugaard/index.php
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Vanja1987 » 20 Aug 2014, 02:14

Thanks people. :)

I am taking Lepicol (www.lepicol.com) which is basically psyllium husk, drink TONS of water and herbal teas, Im eating dry plums etc, but I still didn't find a diet that soothe me :/ 3 days good poop, then for some reason (stress, or whatever) I don't go 1 day, and next day is poop with hard tip and exactly yesterday it reteared again.
I ve got health insurance (CPR) couple of days ago and waiting that my doctor comes back from holidays in couple of days, as he mentioned before that he knows good doctors for AFs here in Cph (actually Im in Frederiksberg). Savaici, thanks for the tips. Im gonna PM you guys.
Vanja1987
Fibre Addict

Postby hurtinend » 21 Aug 2014, 09:45

there are posts on this board re: coconut oil suppositories, you can even make your own. I recommend that, it helps a lot with the hard tip issue.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52