Hi from Florida

How to help the itching

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi from Florida

Postby Ridgestitcher » 18 Aug 2014, 19:53

I am new to the forum. I have a fissure, but from what I have read here so far, I am very lucky. So far the only time I have pain is when I go to the bathroom and maybe a little while after but it is mostly manageable. I take Miralax daily and for the most part it works. What I do have a problem with it the rectal itching. I have now idea why I itch or what to do to stop it ....besides scratch! By scratching I aggravate the area which I am sure is not good.

I am glad to have found this forum. I have received a lot of good advice and it is good to know I am not alone in this. I am not sure I will ever be completely healed but I am trying to do everything I can to let the fissure heal. Thanks to all of you.
Ridgestitcher

Topics: 1

Re: Hi from Florida

Postby mmklinemm » 18 Aug 2014, 21:08

That's so great that your fissure is manageable. It sounds like you're already on the road to healing. You definitely don't want to scratch! The best relief I've found for itching is coconut oil. I filled a small squeeze bottle (the kind for airline travel) with coconut oil and added about 10 drops of lavender essential oil. They're both excellent for healing. I apply a small amount and the itching goes away almost immediately. Just be careful not to use too much because it can stain your clothing. FYI - The oil is solid at room temp and melts around 76°F.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Re: Hi from Florida

Postby Apes » 19 Aug 2014, 07:26

If you have not been to a CRS you should make an appointment.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here