fisure

amy help

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

fisure

Postby bobaloo » 25 Aug 2014, 10:34

Hello my name is scott im 43 this started for me about 4 months ago when i started having pain when going to the bathroom long story short had a scope dr said hemerhoids gave ointment just went to the er yesterday because of the pain said i have a fisure im to the point im afraid to eat afraid to shit been to so many doctors like hey dont care i told them i think about suicide but they just say more water and fiber im so sick of this btw all this started when i started taking atenol they say its coicidence thanks for letting me complain
bobaloo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: fisure

Postby Apes » 25 Aug 2014, 13:59

We like to complain here, everybody knows what you are going through. If you hVe the fissure for 4 months you are in the chronic stage. The first thing you need to do is to make sure your BMS are soft. WTer and fiber can help with that consistency, if they are still hard try a softener like Miralax. Get to a good CRS and get a prescription for some cream either nitro or nifedipine. Talk to the CRS about other options for you, meaning Botox or LIS. YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO FIND A DIET THAT works for you through trial and error. Hang in there keep us up to dAte. What other symptoms are you having, like spasms after your BMS? This forum can serve as a great help for knowledge and comfort. Good like. Sorry for typos I'm banging this out on my phone.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby bobaloo » 25 Aug 2014, 15:44

Hey thanks for getting back to me i have been taking a softener its hard for me to tell when to go or if its the pain presure
bobaloo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby mmklinemm » 25 Aug 2014, 19:08

Hot baths/sitz baths and/or a heating pad after your BMs can really help with pain. I try to take a couple ibuprofen as soon as I wake, so it will have a chance to kick in before I use the bathroom.
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby In Denial » 26 Aug 2014, 12:05

I would recommend having a BM in a squatting position and putting Vaseline on before, I have been doing that for the last 2 months and don't have pain whilst having the BM
In Denial
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2