Possible re tear for the second time :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Possible re tear for the second time :(

Postby Topher2688 » 22 Sep 2014, 17:44

So hear is my story. I had an anal fissure starting august of 2013. I had botox/fissurectomy surgery on September of 2013. It took very long to recover from that. I wasn't eating much due to the pain. Slowly I got better and in February I was feeling really good. I started living my normal life again and eating burgers and whatever else I felt like eating. Well in early March I went to the bathroom and felt a rip down there. Blood poured into the toilet. And I had to start over again. I had a second surgery In March of 2014 and was losing a ly of weight. I a pretty healthy guy too. I used to lift weights and be very active. Well the second surgery wore me out I lost 40 pounds and I was 6'2". 185 before my re rip after surgery for 3 weeks I was 138. I went in for a check up and my doctor had told me to start eating more but I was afraid to re tear my wound. Well I started feeling better in June and stopped taking sits baths and nitro cream. This I think helped keep everything dry and helped to heal everything. Well I felt fully healed last week and have been eating very healthy. Metamucil everyday, cod liver oil, lots of fiber and healthy food. I ate one brownie last Friday and I felt like that tore up my system. I went to the bathroom 3 times that day and it was a little harder than usual. Well Saturday when I went it stung more than usual even tho it was soft. Well ever since then I had a sharp burning pain in my rectum and it's getting worse and worse as time goes on. I scheduled another visit with my surgeon to look at everything on Thursday. I am really hoping I didn't retear or severely re injure myself. When I wiped Saturday it was a soft pinkish color like there was blood. Every time I have wiped since there has been no red color. Is this a good sign? I really hope I didn't re tear. If I didn't I don't think I could go through another round of botox and fissurectomy. My surgeon said he doesn't want to do LIS because I don't have a high anal resting pressure just slightly higher than average. I don't know what to do. :(
Topher2688

Topics: 1

Re: Possible re tear for the second time :(

Postby sandman » 22 Sep 2014, 18:04

Hi Topher.

Have you tried anal dialation. Try it at home and might help you. It has helped many people here.
sandman
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby jlm1 » 22 Sep 2014, 18:55

geez, I am so sorry to hear this. I don't have any advice or suggestions.....Just hang in there and see what the doctor says.
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby msimon » 22 Sep 2014, 19:04

So sorry to hear of your plight Topher. Does your Doctor have any idea why you have problems with fissures if you don't have high resting pressure? I wonder why he would give you botox if you don't have high resting pressure... How did he determine that yours is only slightly higher than average (anal manometry)? If you think it's an issue with hard stools, have you ever taken stool softeners regularly? A lot of people on here have a good success with them. Some also take magnesium citrate. I take both myself. I hope your Doctor will have some good news for you. Let us know how things go.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Topher2688 » 25 Sep 2014, 21:45

So I went to the surgeon. I was surprised to find out my fissure is almost fully healed and that my anal resting pressure is very low. Somehow I got dermatitis in my colon which would explain me thinking I re ripped my wound. The surgeon used a antibiotic gel and said I should feel better in a few days. Hopefully I can begin to heal more. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Topher2688

Topics: 1

Postby mmklinemm » 26 Sep 2014, 08:27

Wow! That's great news, Topher! Who would ever think of something like dermatitis causing these problems? Thankfully, you followed your instincts and went to the doctor. Here's hoping you'll have better days ahead!
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13