Now what?

Had LIS and fissure(s) have returned 5 years later

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Now what?

Postby MangoSD » 08 Oct 2014, 13:32

Very discouraged. Have had a horrible year of pain on and off and finally went to see a new CRS. After taking the gas pipe up the bum he told me I had a fissure. No kidding, I know what they feel like. This is pretty upsetting considering I already HAD LIS surgery 5 years ago. Honestly, I don't think I've ever been the same after the surgery. I drink 8 glasses of water a day, get 35g of fiber, take a dose of Miralax every night to make things nice and soft, walk a lot, not under any stress (just retired), bought a Japanese toilet seat so I don't even have to wipe anymore, and now this. The CRS said I had normal sphincter and could see no reason that it wouldn't heal up. He gave me Analpram cream to try. Never mind that I have already been using cortisone ointment, vaseline, Prep H and coconut oil. It's counterintuitive that this cream with hydrocortisone in it will do anything but I have to try. When I look back over the year -- all the holidays, all the fun trips, everything has been partly ruined by having pain every time I have to go to the bathroom.

Has anyone else gone back to square one years after LIS and what did you do about it?

Sleepless in San Diego.
MangoSD

Topics: 2

Re: Now what?

Postby owmybum » 10 Oct 2014, 13:20

I'm sorry to hear you are back to suffering again. It's not unheard of for the muscle to tighten up again over time.
Give the analpram a try. I would steer clear of using the hydrocortisone for too long, it has been known to thin the skin with prolonged use.

I hope things start to settle soon

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: Now what?

Postby Alyssa » 11 Oct 2014, 17:31

Mango,

I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering again from this horrible condition! I've read about others who had a pressure test to determine if the sphincter was tight... (Even though doctor told them the had a normal sphincter)
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26