Hi Everyone! Need Some Input Please!

Fissures

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi Everyone! Need Some Input Please!

Postby butterball » 22 Oct 2014, 11:58

Hi all...this site is SO helpful. I wrote an entire post and can't find it so I'll start over! :) I'm a 41 year old mom of three older boys....basically WAS in great shape, a regular exerciser/active person. Then July came. I thought I had hems and the dr. prescribed steroids and sent me off to a surgeon. The surgeon said she didn't see any major hems but due to blood, ordered a colonoscopy. I had awful rectal pressure that no one could account for (still have it). Colonoscopy came back normal. Since then, I have had ANOTHER scope by more docs, blood workup, zillions of digital exams, CT scan with rectal contrast...all came back normal EXCEPT minor ischemia. Have had gyno workup as well. Well, three weeks ago they diagnosed a fissure. It was NOT there at the start of all of this. I will be doing a decography in two weeks to check for rectal prolapse or rectocele. No dr. thinks it's prolapse even though gyno said I have a "normal" amount of pelvic relaxation (rectocele?). LONG STORY SHORT, I now have a fissure to deal with on top of this. AND my fiance leaves Florida today to come and move me across the country to be with him where I will not have insurance. I have insurance now but I have already quit my job, given notice at my place and I don't have $ to live on without working. At least in Florida I will have my fiance. I also had a great phone interview yesterday so if I get the job I will have insurance. HOWEVER....I'm in pain with this fissure. It's ridiculous. I'm trying to figure out how to avoid constipation and repeated tearing. I'm sooo uncomfortable all the time...nervous about starting a new job which will have me on my feet all day....dr. said he would do surgery BUT I am moving in 2 weeks AND isn't two weeks a bit soon to jump into surgery? I've only had the fissure a short time. I hate it. I did have one after the birth of my first son 21 years ago and it healed on its own. What should I do? I'm trying to learn about DIET and water here...I'm on ditilazem but I've had TWO doctors tell me how to apply it differently (one externally, one internally)...I feel at a loss of what to do. Surgery now and risk incontinence and a long recovery, or work very hard to let it heal? I will do ANYTHING. I'm supposed to start this new life and all I can think about is my bleeding sore behind! I think this fissure is a result of nonstop trauma to my already sensitive behind! Scopes, pokes, prods, you name it I've had it. I actually wasn't even bleeding for a while till a doctor shoved his finger in me HORRIBLY hard and said, "You've got a fissure!" YA THINK. I've been bleeding ever since. ALSO....with this defocography, they will be shoving barium paste up my backside and I'm just wondering how THAT will be as far as damaging? I cried during my CT scan this week because the tip of the enema hurt SOOO badly. ALSO....can I walk gently on my treadmill? I am getting depressed from not working out and listening to my music! I have gone from five miles a day to maybe 10 minutes. HELP and thank you. This is the best site ever! M
butterball

Topics: 1

Re: Hi Everyone! Need Some Input Please!

Postby proudmama25 » 22 Oct 2014, 15:10

I am new to this site as well. I'm sorry to hear about your fissure and pain. I think you can walk on the treadmill. I did on Monday and I felt it helped me a bit. I know walking promotes blood flow and that's what we need to heal our fissures! Also, think of doing some light yoga. I am supposed to do that today..we will see as I have a 3 month old and a 7 yo to care for but that is good for healing and mental relaxation.
proudmama25
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Hi Everyone! Need Some Input Please!

Postby butterball » 22 Oct 2014, 20:28

I'm so glad exercise is supposed to help heal the fissure! I did manage a 30 minute light walk outside today....it isn't the most comfortable thing to do, but afterward I felt much better and managed to make dinner and clean the house for a couple of hours. Yoga is a great idea! I hope you heal soon also!
butterball

Topics: 1