Need some support

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Need some support

Postby vahe » 10 Nov 2014, 04:35

It is amazing to see such a resource in internet.
Last 10 months was a hell for me.
I want to discuss my issue maybe some of you could support me in healing this painful condition.

I had hemorrhoids for my 7-8 years and it was uncomfortable but it was possible to manage pain.
But then one day i decided and did Rubber Band Ligation.
After that I was feeling.But after a month i went to business trip to US and had this pain which was soo difficult to handle.
So I went to doctor there and he diagnosed me with Anal Fissure.
Prescribed me with Nitroglycerin ointment 0.2%,Metamucil and Stool Softener and Diet.
After 2-3 weeks i was completely healed and never had issue during last 2 years.

This year I was very involved in doing lot of yoga and meditations and during meditation pain from fissure shocked all my nervous system and I was not feeling anything for 2 weeks.
So it took me about 6 months to heal my nerves but now fissure symptoms are back.

My biggest problem is that I am not located in US and doctors in my country only suggest surgery.They even don't get into details.

I made custom nitroglycerin ointment with petroleum jelly and nitroglycerin tablets it seems working for now.

But I don't know if i am doing it right or not,does anybody aware of what they use as a base for nitroglycerin ointment ?I heard that some use aquaphor.

Also running and physical exercises help a lot.

Or are there any over counter medicine with nitroglycerin which I can purchase from US without prescription because I am not located there anymore?

Thanks in advance!!!And I think this forum is a great resource to discuss this painful condition.Because people who haven't had it will never understand how painful it is!!!
vahe

Topics: 1

Re: Need some support

Postby Savaici » 10 Nov 2014, 05:30

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, nitro, Diltiazem and Nifedipine (the last two are calcium channel blockers and also used for anal fissure treatment) are only available by prescription in the US. Not sure if they can be bought over the counter/online in other countries. It is very annoying thst we have to get a prescription (dish out extra money) for these, but there it is.

Hope someone might be able to give you some other suggestion.

They do use Vaseline and also aquaphor, so I think you could use either. Mine had aquaphor and no lidocaine.

One again, :wel: to the Forum.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Need some support

Postby vahe » 10 Nov 2014, 05:32

Thanks Savaici!
Yep it's sad that people with condition can't buy them over the counter :(
vahe

Topics: 1