Post-lis anal deformity?

can this be resolved?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post-lis anal deformity?

Postby msimon » 24 Nov 2014, 18:07

Hi everyone. I had LIS 11 days ago and what seemed to just be wound oozing has now turned into a brown mucous that I am pretty sure has BM in it. Even seems like water at times (from my baths?) This really scares me as I am also thinking that I now have an anal deformity with lots of excess hard tissue on the left side that I am sure is not only unsightly but also difficult to have a Bm through as well as clean up around. I think there may be a gutter in this deformity causing my leakage most of the day. Does this get better with time? I thought it was just swelling but now I'm not so sure. Really really worried. Have an appointment on Thursday with my CRS...
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Re: Post-lis anal deformity?

Postby hopefulbutt » 27 Nov 2014, 14:50

MSimon sorry to hear this for you. Perhaps it is regular drainage? Also 10 days is so early. It may just be that you are looser than before- which will tighten up some in the coming weeks. Believe me- after any anal surgery the swelling takes several weeks to really go down. It's hard to tell how your butt will be for a few more weeks. Patience sucks I know. Try to keep it clean as you can, use a gentle shower head if possible to clean after every bm. I did a bm, shower head on gentle, then a bath, then another shower head on gentle. Is there any kind of extra opening that may be a fistula? I had an abscess that was oddly shaped and kept collecting poo even though it wasn't a true fistula, just because of proximity of the hole. I hope Tj hear good news from you.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby msimon » 28 Nov 2014, 00:12

Thanks Hopefulbutt. Just to update, I made it to my CRS today and it is indeed infected. Was very pussy today :( I know he didn't think it would be right until he looked too. He's used to me being a rather 'unusual' case and he said infection is so rare. Lucky me :(

Started antibiotics tonight and my gut is already not happy. Hope this does the trick and I don't need any other intervention. I'm supposed to 'milk' it out twice daily as well. YUCK. Sad news is it doesn't seem that much healing has taken place in my first 2 weeks as my immune system has been compromised and there has been so much swelling for my body to deal with.

Talk about odd shaped, my CRS said it is shaped like a clover! Let's hope that means I am going to have good luck now!
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Savaici » 28 Nov 2014, 15:25

So sorry, MS. Do hope it gets better soon. You have really gone through it.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby owmybum » 29 Nov 2014, 14:33

I'm so sorry to hear this. Ugh. It's been one thing after another for you.
Lets hope the infection clears up and healing can get back on track.

OMB xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?