Questions about Miralax...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Questions about Miralax...

Postby Mae » 06 Dec 2014, 09:12

Okay so I was pretty constipated last week and so following the advice of some people on here I got some Miralax, and I've been taking it for about 3 days. It has definitely softened my stool but my movements have still only been about once every other day (as opposed to twice a day like they were before all my poop problems started). I've been eating more fiber and drinking more water, but I read somewhere that adding too much fiber to your diet at once can be bad so I've only been doing a little extra, like having a fiber bar with breakfast and more salads. But anyway, today my stool was very loose, practically diarrhea (only without the pain and nausea usually associated with diarrhea). I'm just wondering... should I stop taking the Miralax? I've only been taking the recommended dosage (one capful a day) but maybe it's too strong for my system. I don't know. I still haven't been going often enough for my liking.

(Btw I have also been eating a little less than normal cuz I've been very stressed with work, school, and my whole "problem" lol)
● Fissure first appeared Nov '14
● Cycle of healing and reappearing
● Using conservative methods (metamucil, managing anxiety)
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: Questions about Miralax...

Postby Roidsfizzman » 06 Dec 2014, 10:44

Hi Mae,

There are many factors that impact the stool texture that include diet, exercise, water intake, medication and our body will adjust overtime to how we implement these factors.

The MiraLax dose can be adjusted, so you get the stool texture that you desire. For example, you can take a half dose each day or a full dose every other day. You need to find the dose amount that works best for you, so your stools are not too loose. Listen to your body and adjust accordingly.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Re: Questions about Miralax...

Postby Mae » 07 Dec 2014, 12:54

Has anyone ever had psyllium husks not fully digest and show up in the stool? I've been eating Metamucil brand health bars which contain psyllium husks, and have been noticing little "seeds" the past couple days.
● Fissure first appeared Nov '14
● Cycle of healing and reappearing
● Using conservative methods (metamucil, managing anxiety)
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38