Advice and help!!

Anal fissurectomy, skin tag removal and haemarrhoidectomy!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Advice and help!!

Postby Amylw2501 » 06 Dec 2014, 17:49

Hi, my name is amy, I'm 26 years old and new to this forum.

I'm really upset and worried following my op 3 days ago. I went in for fissurectomy and anal skin tag removal. Following the surgery my Surgeon informed me he performed a rubber band ligation to 3 internal haeamarhoids which I knew nothing about. The pain initially was horrific for the 1st day following surgery. The second day it eased off maybe because I was on top of my painkillers but was not even too uncomfortable when having my bowels open (it's extremely loose). I did notice a rubber band in the toilet once but no haemarrhoid that I noticed (not sure I would know what to look for!) last night and today, the pain once again is excrutiating following very loose bowel movement. Is this normal? And the main thing in really getting myself worked up about is that the skin tag (although it seems slightly smaller) is still there under the fissurectomy sight. I'm so worried that I'm going to have to have more surgery, I can't think of anything else and the pain is awful. Any reasurrance or advice/knowledge would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help,
Very anxious amy
Amylw2501

Topics: 1

Re: Advice and help!!

Postby Savaici » 06 Dec 2014, 22:11

Hemorrhoid surgery is terribly painful, and all I can say is that it will eventually ease. I have had three, and never again. All of what you have had in one go, it is no wonder you are in such pain. Don't think about other surgery. I have skin tags (so many do) and they go down after a while. Cosmetically they are annoying, but in general they do no harm.

Can I suggest you get a Sitz bath (if you are in the States the one in Rite Aid is the best and what I use). Soaking in a Sitz bath will help to relive the pain. Just use warm water with nothing in it.

You might be a bit loose now, but be very careful that you do not get constipated as that will make things even worse. The Sitz bath will help with that.

Thinking of you. And we are here to help in any way we can. :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Amylw2501 » 07 Dec 2014, 01:36

Thankyou so much for your reply. So it's now 06.30am in wales UK where I am and I've just had aaaa I've diarrhoea like bowel movement which has left me in floods of tears, the pain is excruciating!! It stings do much around where the top of he skin tag is/ open wound of fissure site just inside my rectum. Is this normal still? Wow I never expected this. Does the skin tag usually meet the fissure site? Sorry to go on, but it's good to talk to people who know what I'm going through
Amy
Amylw2501

Postby Amylw2501 » 07 Dec 2014, 01:41

Also im in the uk so had to look up what a sitz bath was, sorry. I've been having a bath and putting salt in the water?
Amy
Amylw2501

Postby Savaici » 07 Dec 2014, 03:40

Skin tags form where there has been surgery on occasion. No salt in the water. Just adds to the stinging. You are only a few days post surgery, so yes, the pain is normal. I know it's easy to say as I am not the one in pain, but try to concentrate on the healing right now and less on what it looks like where the surgery took place. It will take a few days, a week or more, for things to settle down. Your body is still getting rid of the toxins from the anesthesia, etc. Taking a bath is fine, but I find dangling my bum in warm water much easier over the loo than in a bath. But, I would do whatever makes you comfortable.

Hope you feel better really soon.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Amylw2501 » 11 Dec 2014, 11:47

Hi, my op was now a week ago yesterday and it's still really painfull when I have a BM, improved from my previous post but still really bad. Is this normal? And also as I mentioned previously I thought a skin tag had developed under the fissurectomy site but. It seems to be getting slightly bigger with a yellowish small amount of discharge when cleaning. When I bear down, it opens up and I can see what I can only assume is rectal wall. Pain when going to the toilet feels like it's all from this site now. Should I be really worried!? What should it look like down there following fissurectomy? I can now feel like there's something there all the time, I feel it opening up when I'm putting any effort into bearing down which sometimes is just a big breath! I'm seeing the surgeon Monday but do I need to go and be seen sooner? I'm so hoping you say this is normal
Amy
Amylw2501