Itching, irritation.

Did I re-tear?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Itching, irritation.

Postby trymcnl » 14 Dec 2014, 16:26

I visited a CRS a month ago, after about two months of applying Rectiv prescribed by my GI, to talk with her about the irritation I was still feeling. She took a look, and told me it looked as though I had had a fissure, and that it healed. Since then, the area has still been sensitive, and I get shooting pains around my anus if I try to stretch or pull the skin around it. Another problem I've encountered is some itching and general irritation of the skin around my anus. I don't know if this is directly correlated with the fissure, since mine wasn't on the surface, but rather on the inside. Are these feelings normal for a healed fissure, or did I possibly re-tear?
trymcnl

Topics: 3

Re: Itching, irritation.

Postby Scientist2516 » 14 Dec 2014, 20:21

Are you using anything on your anus now that might be irritating it? Wet wipes? Witchhazel? Are you still using the rectiv?
If you are, I would stop using it and see it the itching goes away. It may be best not to use soap, even.
Don't stretch the skin - if you are stretching it while wiping, try wet toilet paper to clean it.

Alternatively, take a look at your diet. Are you eating spicy foods, or acidic foods that could irritate the skin?

Since you have healed, you may be extra sensitive there for a while. Take it easy, don't lift heavy things, don't bend down too much, be careful of yourself.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16