Anal Pain

How to deal With Strong Anal pain in public?

A sub-forum for those with pain, but no explanation for it. Vent, share, ask, and help others. That is what this little corner is all about!

Return to Chronic Anal and Rectal Pain

Anal Pain

Postby peterClick900 » 20 Dec 2014, 19:30

It's so strong that it makes all my body twist and i just like i want to grab my tush to stop the pain(just as you would grab your stomach if you have stomach pain to rub it or whatever) . Anyways it's unbearable pain.

Had exams and don't have anal fissures.

anyways, is there any thing i can take to ease the pain. whenever i have strong pain i've never taken anything because i dont know what there is to take.
peterClick900

Topics: 1

Re: Anal Pain

Postby zippitydoodah » 22 Dec 2014, 11:57

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Peter! Glad to hear it's not a fissure though, and hopefully you can heal whatever it is quickly.

I think the gold standard on here for OTC pain killers is Ibuprofen; it seems to be the most helpful with swelling and inflammation. I myself take it when I wake up every morning to help avoid spasms after a painful BM. Soaking in a hot tub right after a BM also helps soothe the area.

I'm not sure what kind of pain you're having, but you may also want to consider OTC Lidocaine (it's a numbing agent; it doesn't help me much but others swear by it).
-Fissure since August 2014 after diarrhea and antibiotics
-Using diltiazem, baths, ibuprofen, magnesium, high fiber diet/supplements, probiotics, coconut oil, cleaning with water & wipes only
-LIS & skin tag removal scheduled for late January 2015
zippitydoodah
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby pafen » 23 Dec 2014, 01:16

Lots of things you could try.

For those muscle spasms which causes the burning feeling, I find Valium is very effective. However it is only a temporary solution because it's not to be taken long term. It could be used on a as needed basis but you would have to follow that up with your GP.

If it's nerve pain, then lyrica is another drug often used for all kinds of nerve pain including pelvic. It doesn't completely kill the pain, but I find it takes it down a few notches that I can certainly function somewhat.

Other things to use is a wheat pad. One of those ones you put in the microwave and heat up. Sometimes I use mine when I am going for a drive, by the time I get there the pain usually eases quite a bit.

I find with rectal pain, it comes in waves throughout the day which what I think is the muscle spasms. Good thing about it is to try and keep going, because sometimes 30 mins later it has eased off again.
Hemroidectomy, anal abscess, fissure, LIS
Pelvic floor Dysfunction since late 2012
pafen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby zippitydoodah » 23 Dec 2014, 23:44

Oh, another important point to note regarding pain management with anal problems: You should probably avoid narcotic pain killers (e.g., Codeine, Hydrocodone, and Oxycodone) because they are constipating and can this exacerbate anal issues.
-Fissure since August 2014 after diarrhea and antibiotics
-Using diltiazem, baths, ibuprofen, magnesium, high fiber diet/supplements, probiotics, coconut oil, cleaning with water & wipes only
-LIS & skin tag removal scheduled for late January 2015
zippitydoodah
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby peterClick900 » 27 Dec 2014, 17:24

Thank you so much everyone. Yeah i have waves of pain and i've had it since long ago(years).
peterClick900

Topics: 1

Postby pafen » 28 Dec 2014, 04:17

Peter,

Since I am a sufferer of chronic rectal pain myself and male, how did yours start?
Hemroidectomy, anal abscess, fissure, LIS
Pelvic floor Dysfunction since late 2012
pafen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8