Applying Ointments/Cream/Oil in Between Bowel Movements

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Applying Ointments/Cream/Oil in Between Bowel Movements

Postby suko » 24 Dec 2014, 09:09

Hi, I was wondering, but is it generally recommended to clean the anus area each time before applying some kind of healing ointment/cream/oil to the fissures? I know what some people do is apply an ointment/cream/oil multiple times a day, and I take that to mean maybe like 2-5 times a day. So if I were to apply, say Extra Virgin Coconut oil to the anus area (the anal fissures) 2-5 times a day (which is what I'm using at the moment), would it be best to try to clean the area first before applying the coconut oil? Of course, I clean the area after every bowel movement (I get in the tub and wash it out very well), but is it really necessary to keep cleaning it in between bowel movements and just before applying the coconut oil (or any kind of cream or ointment)?

The main reason I'm asking now is I think I've developed some kind of infection, or maybe it's an external hemorrhoid since it appears to be some kind of painful lump on the lining of the anal opening. I've been using this coconut oil for the past 3 weeks and it seems to have healed the anal fissures I had (as I haven't had any bloody bowel movements in the past 15 days!), but it seems maybe 3 days ago, this painful lump appeared, which makes me think it's an infection from bacteria or something maybe because I haven't been cleaning the anal area in between bowel movements and just before applying the coconut oil.

Any thoughts? And thanks in advance for any and all help! :)
suko
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Applying Ointments/Cream/Oil in Between Bowel Movements

Postby Panda09 » 25 Dec 2014, 12:58

Hmm, use baby wipes each time. Get it checked from a doctor asap, I would say.
Panda09
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion