Laxopeg dosage for recent AF (large tear)

Consistency with Soft stools with Polyethylene Glycol 3350

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Laxopeg dosage for recent AF (large tear)

Postby Panda09 » 25 Dec 2014, 14:59

Hi all,

Merry Christmas to all you lovely people!

About 10-12 days back I developed an AF after diarrhea and constipation issues because of fast food, traveling and cold weather this month. I tried Lactulose, Isabgol and Lidocaine ointments and Sitz baths initially on the advise of my GP, but when it did not bring relief I visited a Gastroenterologist. He told me it is a long tear. I was until recently bleeding with every BM.

He prescribed 2 sachets (17g each) Laxopeg after meals (Polyethylene Glycol 3350) for morning and bedtime. I have taken 4 sachets up until this morning and they have worked. My stools are much softer now but muscle still spasms a lot. Now right after my last dose, I had one loose motion then another a few hours later. I have also been experiencing a lot of abdominal gas since then. I texted my CRS and he said to not take the next 3 doses. Now I am a little terrified if I skip the three doses, it can make my stools harder again. I am thinking to may be go for the one tomorrow night.

Like others could it be that just one sachet per day would be enough. How can I readjust my dosage without hurting again?
Also, I was prescribed Razo D on empty stomach every morning for any potential gas issues but today it didn't help much.

Alongside I have been prescribed Diltiazem ointment and Sitz baths with a couple of pinches of KMn04 crystals.

What do you guys make of my situation vis a vis Laxopeg?

:afsmile:

BR,
Panda
Panda09
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1