Doctors look at this problem to light.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Doctors look at this problem to light.

Postby Deleted User 4015 » 29 Dec 2014, 15:05

I have talked to two doctors about my AF, but they look at it as a small problem. Well it is not a small problem and if it don't get fixed it will destroy the life to people.
Who can live well and happy when it feels like someone is torturing you. If it cant be healed with creams or LIS, close the ahole and give us the option to have colostomy.
Deleted User 4015

Re: Doctors look at this problem to light.

Postby zippitydoodah » 29 Dec 2014, 21:53

I totally agree! Many do not take it seriously... probably because they never have had one. I don't think you can imagine what it's like until you've gone through it. I guess I have been very lucky in my life because I have to say, this is the most difficult health issue I've ever dealt with.

At my CRS, one of the nurses was so nice... she was like "OH MY GOD THOSE ARE THE WORST. I had one once, and it was excruciating. Even worse because I had to have my boss examine my behind!" That helped me laugh a little.
-Fissure since August 2014 after diarrhea and antibiotics
-Using diltiazem, baths, ibuprofen, magnesium, high fiber diet/supplements, probiotics, coconut oil, cleaning with water & wipes only
-LIS & skin tag removal scheduled for late January 2015
zippitydoodah
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Deleted User 4015 » 29 Dec 2014, 22:09

Your boss looked at your wounded hole, lol. Girl you are tough, respect.
Yes this is the worst condition i have ever been in.
Deleted User 4015

Postby zippitydoodah » 30 Dec 2014, 23:06

Ugh, I had a really bad day today. My doctor prescribed me some nitro ointment as a last hope to try and avoid surgery... I went to get the prescription filled and found out my insurance won't cover it. $600 for one tube!! I cannot afford that so did not get it... spent some time just sitting in the parking lot crying because I feel like all hope is lost. I just wish I could sleep for six months and wake up healed!

I hope you had a better day today, hurtlikehell.
-Using diltiazem, baths, ibuprofen, magnesium, high fiber diet/supplements, probiotics, coconut oil, cleaning with water & wipes only
zippitydoodah
Salt Bather

Postby Jbl22424 » 31 Dec 2014, 00:55

Fissures are worse than labor. Worst thing I've ever been through in my life, too.

Z - my insurance doesn't cover nitro but mine was only $30 at a compounding pharmacy (you don't need name brand). Are you in the US?
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Deleted User 4015 » 31 Dec 2014, 04:27

$600 for one tube must be wrong. I paid $60 for mine and that is alot for a tube of cream where i live.
Deleted User 4015

Postby zippitydoodah » 31 Dec 2014, 11:53

Yes, I'm in the US. Thanks for your input. I checked back and the pharmacy told me my doctor ordered something very specific (not exactly sure what) and it is not the typical one that is commercially available. I called and left a message with the doc asking if she could change the RX to the more common formula. It was just like one more little frustration on top of all the others and it broke my spirit. =( Not sure if she's in today but hopefully we'll figure it out.
zippitydoodah
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 4015 » 31 Dec 2014, 15:09

Cant the emergency ward change it to another brand?
Deleted User 4015

Postby zippitydoodah » 01 Jan 2015, 00:44

That's what I'm hoping for! I didn't hear back today and don't expect I will tomorrow either due to the holiday.
zippitydoodah
Salt Bather