Please give me some GOOD POSITIVE stories about LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Please give me some GOOD POSITIVE stories about LIS

Postby jay2502 » 02 Jan 2015, 13:42

I'm just going to request the surgeon does it when I go private.
Can't take much more of this crap, coconut oil, manuka honey etc etc etc
Nothing works, only makes it worse.

This forum put me clean off going for the OP. But what are the chances of anything going wrong or getting worse ?

I am constantly irritated down there, sometimes losing sleep, seems to be a different 'tear' in a different area almost every day!
Some days its bright red in the anal region looks hideously unnattractive and sore.

In have tried every prescription cream under the sun.

Well and truley fed up. Surely surgery can't cause me more problems? And with a 90%+ success rate what on earth have I got to lose ?
jay2502
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Re: Please give me some GOOD POSITIVE stories about LIS

Postby msimon » 02 Jan 2015, 15:06

I know your feeling of having enough though I am sorry to say Jay but I have only had more problems from the surgery. First I had an infection and now my pelvic floor is spasming and not allowing me to BM without great pain and pressure, ultimately delaying healing and causing more cuts. Now I have to try to treat the pelvic problems. There is also the possibility of leakage issues, which can not only be a social problem but also very irritating to the tissues. Just thought I would show the other side of it. Most people fare quite well though. The only word of caution I have for you is to make sure you choose a reputable CRS who has done a lot of these with a high success rate.

You should search for Davo's diary. Very positive.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Roidsfizzman » 02 Jan 2015, 19:50

Hi Jay,

I have been posting on the forum for about 10 months and there have been a number of people who have had LIS and recovered. If you are ready for LIS, I would recommend that you have the surgery. There are risks, but the upside of having a pain free butt out weigh the risks. I had a fissure for 3 years and LIS has helped me, but it has been a hard and long road to recovery. I still do the high fiber diet, drink lots of water, and take stool softeners when necessary. You can read my dairy about my experience. Msimon is correct as you need choose a reputable CRS that has a high success rate.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Jbl22424 » 03 Jan 2015, 01:11

My surgery helped me a lot and was a good experience. I would recommend it. My diary is here

unexpected-lis-here-we-go-t8341.html
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9