acyclovir?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

acyclovir?

Postby Guest » 09 Feb 2008, 17:52

Anyone ever heard of using acyclovir (reg used for genital herpes) for treating AF. The drug basically treats ulcer soars which an AF kinda is. I read somewhere on another website about AF that a woman used acyclovir to treat her AF and it went away? Also, on another note, ever heard about laser treatment for AF?

Re: acyclovir?

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Feb 2008, 21:01

[b]I don't see how Acyclovir can help with the fissure unless fissure in that particular case was caused by herpes virus.
Regarding laser treatment - I did an extensive research on the net in hope to find that alternative and could not find anybody doing it in practice. Some CRSs use it for hemorrhoid surgery but so far results
showed same success rate and no difference in recovery period.
I think, though, that it would work great for fissures, but that nobody is doing it due to cost issues. It is ridiculous to assume that some people would not be willing to pay out of their own pocket if the procedure would be quick fix ! I read on the Jack's board that one person went to LA to do that and had great success, he even gave the name of a doctor. I checked the name on the net and found out that he is into Scientology - I just don't get or trust those people so I didn't even entertain idea of going there.
Best of luck : ) !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 10 Feb 2008, 01:20

What's jacks board?

Postby Guest » 10 Feb 2008, 11:23

Here is a link from one of our members who felt like his medication for Herpes helped heal his fissure.
http://anal-fissure.org/general-anal-fissure-discussion-f2/herpes-and-fissures-t631.htm

Postby buttgirl » 11 Feb 2008, 10:58

I have read about the lazers too and since I am in LA, thought seriously about it, but the treatment to me suggestst hat it would just be a sort of cauterization, not anything that would bring the edges of the fissure together. It seems like a nicer fissurectomy.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 11 Feb 2008, 15:15

Thanks for the link Lecia.
As for lazers, just came back from the CRS and he does not think they should be used by any sane practicing half-way decent CRS to help treat fissures. He says there's almost no literature out there to back it up and that it can actually may make things worse. Ouch!
Had a sorta pain free BM and afternoon. Fingers are crossed!

Postby Guest » 11 Feb 2008, 15:19

One more thing, my CRS says that if the fissure is actually the herpes virus then acyclovir would def help it in some way but, if the fissure isn't caused by herpes then it can't do anything to help heal it. I think most of our fissures are not herpes related. Although I'm so desperate that I'm almost to the point where I wish it was herpes related, ahhh so friggin crazy right?

Postby val » 11 Feb 2008, 19:44

I dont think its crazy to wish it was something that you know theres a cure for! Its normal!
I think he's right though, its like when tinactin ect., have been miracle cures for some people-I would imagine that it would have been a yeast infection causing the problem for something like that to have an effect. Glad you're doing better today!:D
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 11 Feb 2008, 23:00

Dear Erin, you should be happy that you do not have herpes in any shape or form - once you get it you ALWAYS have it !!!! So, even though that person was cured, fissure has great chance of reappearing with the first reactivation of the virus ! Not to mention that numerous types of herpes virus cause cervical cancer !!!
So,yeah, be happy babe : )))) !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion