Botox and exercise (running)

Problems when running 3 months after Botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox and exercise (running)

Postby Slightlyimperfect » 03 Feb 2015, 14:57

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, seem to have a problem when I am running it feels like I am gonna go, when I first had the Botox I did go for a run and did actually go when running(wasn't nice) I am 3 months out and still have the feeling not actually gone but feels really uncomfortable, I imagine that it's something to do with everything's a little bit relaxed still but wondering how long this lasts for?

Cheers everyone just a bit worried :(
Slightlyimperfect
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Botox and exercise (running)

Postby Still hoping » 03 Feb 2015, 21:52

Hi Slightlyimperfect,

My colorectal surgeon told me botox can stay in our systems for up to six months. I had botox last year.
I had some incontinence of gas for about three months and then it went away. But I think I still had botox in my system five months later because I got a second fissure as I was tapering off the nifedipine ointment and that fissure healed up very quickly.

I think you probably still have some botox in your system and that's giving you the weird sensation. Give it a few more months to get out of your system and hopefully you'll be back to normal.

Has the botox been helpful?
Still hoping
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Slightlyimperfect » 04 Feb 2015, 12:38

Thanks for that still hoping :)

Overall I do not know what to think about the Botox I also had a fissurectomy as well, the doctor said I would be back running in 2 weeks and it's now 3 months, so I am a little bit frustrated :(. I am still not healed yet and doctor has put me on double fibre on anoheal. Just wish I would have known recovery time before hand.

I am glad your doing well :) makes sense that the Botox lasts longer than 3 months
Slightlyimperfect
Fibre Addict

Postby Still hoping » 04 Feb 2015, 20:49

Sometimes colorectal surgeons are way off in terms of their expectations of healing. I actually had LIS three weeks ago (got a third fissure) and my surgeon was overly optimistic about the recovery. He said I would be back to work in three days. I went back to work after 10 days but that was really pushing it. I am healing (I hope) but it seems a lot slower than what the doctor had indicated.

It has to be really frustrating to be told you could run again after two weeks and now it's three months later and still having issues. I'm not sure what the fissurectomy healing process is like. I would think it would take quite some time to heal.
Still hoping
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Slightlyimperfect » 07 Feb 2015, 13:43

I went and had a chat with my CRS and told him that I was still having issues but to be honest I walked away thinking these people cannot really estimate how long these things take to heal and how much it takes out of the person, I take it with having the LIS you are sticking to a diet?

I am sooooooOoOoooo bored of my diet right now I cannot wait until I can just let myself go and stop thinking about the loo, how are you finding everything after the LIS then?
Slightlyimperfect
Fibre Addict