What are these painful bumps? Post-LIS question

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

What are these painful bumps? Post-LIS question

Postby Still hoping » 08 Feb 2015, 20:09

I had LIS 3.5 weeks ago. My healing has been very slow. Yesterday I was on the floor doing some easy exercises for my back and then I stood up. All of a sudden I had sharp, stabbing pains. The pains have been on and off since yesterday. I have the pains if I sit or walk. I tried to look at the area with a mirror but it's a bit challenging to see. I seem to have two new bumps. I touched them gently and they are very painful. I think they are flesh colored but it is hard to see. They are on the right side, outside of the anus. I had to take a bit more advil to help keep the pain under control.

Are these new hemorrhoids or do I have abscesses? I already had a thrombosed hemorrhoid behind the anus (I got it from a lot of coughing last fall). If these a hemorrhoids will I need surgery if they are so painful?

I have been fighting off worry and panic since this started yesterday. I am supposed to see the doctor in two days but we are in the middle of a two foot snow storm and I don't even know if I will get to the appointment and he only sees patients on Tuesdays. I'm trying to stay positive, at least the appointment is soon so I won't be left wondering for long.
Still hoping
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: What are these painful bumps? Post-LIS question

Postby Still hoping » 11 Feb 2015, 21:52

I saw the doctor yesterday and he said the bumps are skin tags that can develop from the surgery. He said the pain is from levator syndrome, not from the bumps. When I press on the bumps now, they don't feel as painful. I think maybe they were irritated before from cleaning up after bowel movements. I was very gently, just dabbing wet wipes, but it still seemed irritating. I still have occasional sharp, stabbing pains that seem to be from the levator syndrome.
Still hoping
Salt Bather

Topics: 11